• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff I want but can't bring myself to buy just yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And you can legitimately put those through your company - go for it!
    Both? In case one of them breaks?

Comment

And you can legitimately put those through your company - go for it!
      Only if they're electric and there are 5 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
        Both? In case one of them breaks?
        Mountain bike for when you need to cycle to clientCo through the woods, road bike when you need to cycle to clientCo on the roads.

Comment

Mountain bike for when you need to cycle to clientCo through the woods, road bike when you need to cycle to clientCo on the roads.
          Wouldn't a touring bike do as well for both? That's something I plan on buying in a couple of months.

Can't decide how chunky and mountain bikey it should be though, and how much is worth paying.

Luckily I know the feather light ones with wafer thin wheels wouldn't be at all suitable for me, which narrows down the choices.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

• Nikon DF - Want to upgrade to full frame, but not shooting that much so not sure if a new camera will give me the urge to pick it up again, or I should wait till I am shooting more
            • Sonos Play Bar + Additional Play 1's to create a surround sound for the living room and stereo for other areas
            • New Car - This might happen in March when I pull of my yearly dividend depending on how the MOT / Service goes
            • New Macbook Pro with Retina screen - My 2010 MBP just won't die!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Wouldn't a touring bike do as well for both? That's something I plan on buying in a couple of months.

Can't decide how chunky and mountain bikey it should be though, and how much is worth paying.

Luckily I know the feather light ones with wafer thin wheels wouldn't be at all suitable for me, which narrows down the choices.
              Look at cyclocross bikes - I love my BMC Granfondo GF02 disc.
              BMC Granfondo GF02 Disc 105 just landed

Put slicks on and it's pretty nippy on the roads too. It's quite happy with laden panniers for touring, and you can fit rack and guards.

But whilst it's great over rough ground, through the woods etc, it wouldn't be good for proper mountain biking if that's what you're into. I've got my mountain bike for that

Comment

New motorbike - pure want as I love my Bandit
                New car - mostly want, I just don't like my current car ever since it got broken into (NB: I don't do "new" cars, so it's a £3-4k spend max)

However, if we can secure a mortgage I'm going to finally start checking some of these off that have been on our "Want but can't" list for years:

New interior for the Beetle
                New bonnet/respray for the Beetle
                New engine for the Beetle
                New rack and pinion / wishbone setup for the Beetle

The last one is the I'm looking forward to the most, though.

Comment

About 100 screens in my Amazon "Saved for Later" area, going back years
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    • Nikon DF - Want to upgrade to full frame, but not shooting that much so not sure if a new camera will give me the urge to pick it up again, or I should wait till I am shooting more
                    Ah, yes, a Canon 7D mk II should have been on my list. For the 100 photos I take on holiday each year

Comment

I just want world peace

And tougher sentences for parole violators.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X