• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't insult the Mohamed (aka the big yin)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't insult the Mohamed (aka the big yin)

Listening to this guy is something else. Rather freaky people with those views just stop short of justifying those recent attacks from name calling.

BBC Radio 4 - Today, 09/01/2015, British Muslims react to Charlie Hebdo attack

Please please please Britain, grow a pair and get this sorted.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 January 2015, 16:01.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Somewhere on the web:

After these Islamic attacks I think the French should fight back and hit the Muslims right where it hurts.

Birmingham, Bradford, Slough, East London...

Comment

If the purpose of those extremists were to instil terror then they've failed. Instead I'm in super flying TNT we'll set about you mode.

And breath out.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It is possible to hold both the view that the terror attacks were appalling and unjustifiable, and that the magazine should not publish material that is deeply offensive to large communities. I don't know about the law in France, but in the UK, we don't allow 'freedom of speech' where that means racism, homophobia etc. I don't really understand why we view religion differently.

However, a massacre is clearly a disproportionate response to rudeness - a strongly worded letter to the Guardian would perhaps be more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          It is possible to hold both the view that the terror attacks were appalling and unjustifiable, and that the magazine should not publish material that is deeply offensive to large communities. I don't know about the law in France, but in the UK, we don't allow 'freedom of speech' where that means racism, homophobia etc. I don't really understand why we view religion differently.
          Not in a country where freedom of speech, tolerance, and mis-understood satire are understood concepts. Racism is real, homophobia is real, imaginary beings in the sky are not.

The Daily Mash guide to satire for jihadists

ARE you locked in a holy war against the West because you never get any of the jokes on Mock the Week? End that misery with our handy guide to understanding satire.

1) Make sure you are in an atmosphere conducive to humour, like a packed comedy club or in your own home with like-minded friends. If you are unable to hear the satire over the gunfire and explosions of a terrorism training camp, it is unlikely to make you laugh.

2) Look for nuances in the satirist’s statements. Do they really mean it when they say that the Iraq war was Britain’s greatest foreign policy triumph since the Suez Crisis, or could they be using irony?

3) Irony and sarcasm are ways the satirist implies meanings that they do not state outright. They are rarely used at gunpoint, however, so continue to take anyone pleading for their life at face value.

4) If you do not laugh at a joke, do not immediately resolve to hunt down and kill the satirist involved. It may simply not have been particularly funny.

5) You may encounter jokes directed at you or your colleagues in Islamic extremism. Before picking up your AK-47, ask yourself honestly if there might be something amusing about balaclavas. If so, why not join in the fun?
          Last edited by scooterscot; 9 January 2015, 17:20.

Comment

I was living in Birmingham when the Salman Rushdie 'Satanic Verses' controversy kicked off back in the 80's.

As the saying goes. "Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings"

Never really had much time for the 'multi-culturalism' after that...

Comment

Working...
            X