• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russian Central banks ups interest rate as the Rbl struggles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirja View Post
    Tricky times these. Vlad might strike out to divert attention from his domestic woes.

If he did a full invasion of Ukraine, would the west intervene? Heck he might even test NATO's resolve to defend the Baltic states by invading Latvia or Estonia, under the guise of defending ethnic Russians from persecution. All a bit far fetched I know, but so was the thought of WW1 right until it actually started.
    In that case Putin might want to invade London as well as it is full of Russians

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Stuff Tooting. Can't get a decent pint there.

How about Pudsey?

I had some decent pints thereabouts, though I fear that Tetley's isn't what it used to be.

Edit:

Ooer. The "Official Site" for Tetley's according to DuckDuckGo gives:

which is quite disconcerting
      Maybe that's because it was looking in Leeds? They brew it in Northampton now. So it's sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Russia could not afford to wage a large scale conventional weapons war. If it was determined to cause trouble it would use its nuclear weapons.

I will be digging out my cellar over the weekend
        That may well be a very good idea...
        What is Vladimir Putin doing in the skies of the Baltics? - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Maybe that's because it was looking in Leeds? They brew it in Northampton now. So it's sh1te.
          Very disappointing.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            In that case Putin might want to invade London as well as it is full of Russians
            A successful foreign war is always a good distraction from troubles at home...

Comment

Working...
            X