• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim kids ‘Pork or nothing’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sorry - I have been married too long. I was adopting the woman's trick of just posting random stuff - its very annoying isn't it?

Its the double standards that get me. The UK seems happy to let any immigrant come to the UK and tell the UK how to behave. But in other countries, people from the UK are expected to adhere to local laws and standards.

When in Rome do as the Romans do should be the standard.

Have you ever noticed that Hindis have no issue assimilating into the UK. But with Muslims there is always something wrong.
    There is something in this. It is the British (and Hindu) culture of tolerance I suppose.

Comment

Have you ever noticed that Hindis have no issue assimilating into the UK. But with Muslims there is always something wrong.
      Hindus in Britain tend to originate from one place in the world* while Muslims come from many different places with many different cultures.

*Yes I'm aware that some come indirectly.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

According to the reports in the Times concerning the abusing gangs, the majority of Muslims come originally from just two areas in Pakistan.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          There is something in this. It is the British (and Hindu) culture of tolerance I suppose.
          Indeed. Of the 9 in my current team 6 are Hindi. All of them are wonderful - tolerant, easy to get on with, very hard working. And extremely intelligent and professional.

Then again, I can say that about all the Muslims I have worked with as well. Maybe Muslims need a better PR person?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            According to the reports in the Times concerning the abusing gangs, the majority of Muslims come originally from just two areas in Pakistan.
            Muslims in the UK come from East Africa, West Africa and other countries in Asia not just Pakistan. Then again I went to school, college and university with some of them. (The few converts came from any background.)

Comment

Indeed. Of the 9 in my current team 6 are Hindi. All of them are wonderful - tolerant, easy to get on with, very hard working. And extremely intelligent and professional.

Then again, I can say that about all the Muslims I have worked with as well. Maybe Muslims need a better PR person?
              Actually all the openly sexist men I've worked with have been Hindu. On the other hand the Pakistani Muslims have been lovely.

Comment

Working...
              X