• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JK Rowling flying economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she not flying Broomstick?

Anyway HyperD,

I reckon your pic looks like "Maisy Mouse Dies in Terrorist Attack"

Poor Maisy!
    Last edited by bogeyman; 14 September 2006, 18:39.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I've had to do many stints in both cattle class, business and a few upgrades into first. On one job it was business class or nothing all the way. This was pre 911 and upgrades were easy to get to first if you timed your flight correctly.

On another job it was cattle class everywhere. Travelling from Manchester to LA in cattle class is not fun, especially when stuck next to the wrong person.

My tips would be

1 - try to stick to one carrier and join their loyalty scheme as soon as possible. I missed out on the points for a couple of business class round trips to the US because I didn't think I would be flying in and out quite so regularly.

2 - Dress up. If you have a load of points then you will get on the shortlist for the available upgrades. If you look like a scrote you will not get upgraded.

3 - Look out for promotions. A while ago American Airlines were offereing another free business class ticket when you bought one.

4 - Time your flight. I used to find that business class was full on Monday and Friday (obviously). Upgrades were usually easier if you flew on Thursday.

5 - Especially on American carriers, don't be afraid to complain. I got upgraded a couple of times by complaining about the leg room.

I used to tend to stick with American Airlines mainly due to their extra leg room in cattle class. They also have power outlets in most of their cattle class seats and you can use their website to pick your seat - I used this a few times to ensure that I wasn't sat next to somebody so that I could spread out all my stuff.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I agree with that especially points 1 and 3. Having loads of previous helps a lot getting up grades.

Knowing what I do now, MAN->LAX flying ChavAir. NO, not even if my life depended on it.
        Blair, you cannot reach me now,
        No matter how you try,
        Goodbye cruel Labour,
        Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

6 - Don't fly at all and live long and happily thereafter.

Comment

Working...
          X