• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol price £0.80 per litre?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the price hasn't changed without counting tax, what has that got to do with George? Are you saying the government should control the free market?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      If the price hasn't changed without counting tax, what has that got to do with George? Are you saying the government should control the free market?
      Free market? Are you kidding? The government has more of a stranglehold on the market today that most believe. China is starting to look good. Our train fares are controlled (not to mention the public now pays more into private companies than when they were publicly run), the energy companies are not in competition, more like cahoots as is our trade agreements between the UK and US discussed in secret courts. Yes free market. Free as a free thing with free bits on it.

The purpose of a free market is to allow competition between suppliers for the benefit of the consumer. Do you feel like your benefiting? Of course you do. You go over to Amazon to buy your 'made in China' tat, less VAT, whilst screwing the little man in town who is shutting up shop.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Okay so why is the British public taking this blatant shafting from George? Is it charity, apathy, help me understand.
        I believe its to pay for this thing called "The Deficit". I might be wrong though.

Comment

So today's prudent are paying for yesterday's recklessness? And they wonder why the economy is stagnating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And they wonder why the economy is stagnating.
            Whose economy is stagnating? Europe's?

Comment

OPEC: Saudi Prince says Riyadh won't cut oil unless others follow - Telegraph

Comment

And how much is petrol in the Utopia of Germany these days, Herr Scooper?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  And how much is petrol in the Utopia of Germany these days, Herr Scooper?
                  I don't know, I don't drive. I use the trains.

Going to Stuttgart today. €37 euro return first class from Munich.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    With the Tesco 20p per litre saving, I filled up for less than £1 a litre a couple of days ago.
                    I haven't touched supermarket fuel for about 4 years. Heard too many horror stories from lots of people in various parts of the motor trade, It's cheap for a reason. Yuk!

Comment

I don't know, I don't drive. I use the trains.

Going to Stuttgart today. €37 euro return first class from Munich.
                      I only ask because a quick look online suggests that it's slightly cheaper than the UK but not much - linky.

So why haven't your glorious leaders reduced the price of fuel in Germany? And why are the German people standing for this blatant shafting?

Comment

Working...
                      X