• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook: People you may know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I uploaded some photo on FB, they were tagged automatically, FFS!

ExtremeTech
    No doubt in due course the Government will be tempted to sell the images in the UK passport and driving licence database to companies such as Facebook for a few billion
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      I would have looked at ex line mgrs linked-in profile when our paths first crossed.
      I imagine you both have ClientCo listed in your LinkedIn profiles...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        I imagine you both have ClientCo listed in your LinkedIn profiles...
        Yeah but so do x0,000 others. These are people that I actually know.

Comment

I just searched for you - let me know if/when I pop up!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I just searched for you - let me know if/when I pop up!
            Did you find me? Serious question as you know my real name but probably not the registered email address.

Comment

Did you find me? Serious question as you know my real name but probably not the registered email address.
              Not sure - there were a lot of matches some which may have been you - I clicked a few random profiles!

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                there is no way he could be linked to my gf what so ever
                hahahahahahhahahaha!

where's the "she pumped him" smiley?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Not sure - there were a lot of matches some which may have been you - I clicked a few random profiles!
                  So, I send you a request and the first on the "people you my know" list is another CUKKer.

I'm off to check under the beds now.

Comment

Hmmm, I have my mobile number in my profile. I'm guessing that if they allow FB access to their contacts and it finds a number it recognises then it figures I would want to be their friend.

Edit: I don't mind being associated with these people but I'd rather make that choice myself.
                    They don't force you to add them, they hope you will though to increase their advertising revenue (the whole reason they want you to friend, like etc etc).

Frank McAvennie showed up in my suggested friends recently (ex Scotland, Celtic, West Ham footballer).

Mentioned it online, and a few friends had seen the same.

Turns out someone we all knew had a friend who was friends with him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                      They don't force you to add them, they hope you will though to increase their advertising revenue (the whole reason they want you to friend, like etc etc).

Frank McAvennie showed up in my suggested friends recently (ex Scotland, Celtic, West Ham footballer).

Mentioned it online, and a few friends had seen the same.

Turns out someone we all knew had a friend who was friends with him.
                      I can understand the friends of friends connection but FB is listing these people before Mrs P's relatives and people who I have 10+ mutual friends with

Comment

Working...
                      X