• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anger over migrants' food fishing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    I think stupidity should be punishable harshly to make people smarter.

If a hungry foreigner steals piece of bread then I can understand that, but going fishing is a luxury that is not necessary for survival, especially considering how few fish in this country (hence it is let back into water), so I'd crack down on such behavior very harshly indeed.
    I think angling (fishing) is the No 1 sport (pastime) in this country
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've never fished in the UK. Is it compulsory to return all fish, or are there some you're allowed to eat? What about fish from the sea?

Comment

Fish from sea is OK to take & eat & needs no licence

'Game' fish from rivers can be taken and eaten - trout,seat trout, salmon etc - but permits are needed

But course fish such as roach,perch,carp etc cannot

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
          I've never fished in the UK. Is it compulsory to return all fish, or are there some you're allowed to eat? What about fish from the sea?
          Sea fish = eat (all, if caught on rod and line)
          Coarse fish (bream, tench, roach, carp, etc) = put back
          Game fish (trout, salmon, etc) = eat (fisheries charge, impose limits on how many you can take)

This thread is about coarse fish.

Comment

and just for clarity...swans,ducks etc cannot be taken as a free food source

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              I've often seen buses turn up at the Pick Your Own on the local farm churning out vaste quantities of fuzzy-wuzzies onto the fields for a full day feasting. Out come the carpets, plates, the jugs of soured milk... and the token small basket of veg to pay for at the end of the day.
              A farmer friend tells me that they leave their sh!t behind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                On the subject of food and migrants, it strikes me that since there are no records of illegal immigrants and nobody is likely to report them missing, there's a bob or two to be made by luring them to a house with a promise of some no-questions-asked building work and topping them, flogging the carcases around the local kebab shops.
                Xog, really, what did you think kebabs are made of?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

The British carp angling championships are currently showing on Sky. The barstard O'Connors have bagged the best swim.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    What about pigeons?

When I first moved in here there were loads of the bastards leaving there little mementoes on the balcony. Used to do my head in. So I tried to make a bird scarer out of a couple of CD’s, but it didn’t work well. However, they have all disappeared.

<mode id="Tubs">
                    I didn't kill them.
                    </mode>
                    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                    No matter how you try,
                    Goodbye cruel Labour,
                    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                      Ah yes, who could forget "Swan Bake" when the Eastern European "refugees" BBQ'd that poor swan in East London.

Still, its better than smuggling in half rotten gorillas fingers and other assorted "bush meat" and trying to sell them in Tottenham.
                      Never order sausages in a cafe run by fuzzy wuzzies.

Comment

Working...
                      X