• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'on the ground'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magpie252 View Post
    Try telling that to the 55,000 men from Bommer Command who didn't come home
    Very difficult if they are dead.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Try telling that to the 55,000 men from Bummer Command who didn't come home
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Try telling that to the 55,000 men from Bomber Command who didn't come home
        That was when we had slow planes and dumb bombs that had to be dropped from low altitude. Plus we took on an enemy with roughly equivalent weaponry. These days we only attack third world countries and do it from miles away. How many Tornados were shot down by The Taliban?

My Grandad worked for Bomber Command as an aide to a General and probably got to go home every day. Cushy.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Very difficult if they are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            My Grandad worked for Bomber Command as an aide to a General and probably got to go home every day. Cushy.
            I wasn't aware that they had Generals in the RAF

Comment

"hit the ground running"

That is another one, feckin ridiculous use of language if you ask me.

Comment

I wasn't aware that they had Generals in the RAF
                We all found out there were no spaghetti eating Doctors in the RAF as well.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  "hit the ground running"

Do you struggle to make friends? Which part of that idiom do you struggle with?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Do you struggle to make friends? Which part of that idiom do you struggle with?
                    It is feckin ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      "hit the ground running"

You'd win that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X