• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pielęgniarka Pielęgniarka jest znów z łóżka

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most definitely, no wonder we're the laughing stock of Europe
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Oh dear, how do they deal with situations like this in other EU countries?
      In Belgium,nurses don't need to speak. They take your temperature, your blood pressure and change sheets.Did David Beckham need a translator on the pitch when he played for Real Madrid?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well when we were in Majorca and my father in law had suffered huge organ failure and needed a triple heart by pass they spoke to us in Spanish

and if we wanted a translator we were expected to provide one.

But god forbid the UK might actually one provide services in it's native language because that would apparently be discrimination.
        In the few times I have taken people to hospital in Europe we were expected to supply our own translator. I can't envisage a non English speaking Pole not having an English speaking friend who could translate. Having said that, the local council has a separate Polish speaking enquiry desk for benefits.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          In the few times I have taken people to hospital in Europe we were expected to supply our own translator. I can't envisage a non English speaking Pole not having an English speaking friend who could translate. Having said that, the local council has a separate Polish speaking enquiry desk for benefits.
          Shirley not? As aren't they net contributors to the economy?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Shirley not? As aren't they net contributors to the economy?
            shush you are supposed to believe that!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X