• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little bit Reckless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TaxInspector View Post
    I'm all for UKIP, they are for the common man. It cant be write that all the rich gits the 1% take all the national cake. Hopeully they will strengthen HMRC.
    Perhaps they could invest some in giving spelling lessons
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Perhaps they could invest some in giving spelling lessons
      This snobby attitude is why UKIP is getting all the votes

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Nothing to see here. Come the general election people will vote for who they want to run the country again. A by-election win doesn't mean a thing.
        That's what Dave said.

Originally posted by TaxInspector View Post
        I'm all for UKIP, they are for the common man. It cant be write that all the rich gits the 1% take all the national cake. Hopeully they will strengthen HMRC.
        Incredibly unlikely, if anything I could see them reducing HMRC's depredations outside of MNCs. You could always apply to be a border control officer, or get a real job.

Trolling's generally a safe occupation on these fora, though.
        Last edited by Zero Liability; 21 November 2014, 12:38.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Come the general election people will vote for who they want to run the country again. A by-election win doesn't mean a thing.
          Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          That's what Dave said.
          That's what Dave wants to happen. I think the genie is out of the bottle though. SNP in Scotland will probably be a significant bloc at Westminster. UKIP in England could well emulate some of that success too. The complacent idea that it's either Labour or Tories and they each take their turn for a decade or so is starting to look a little old fashioned. When it's that approach which has got the country in the state it is, you can hardly blame the electorate for looking for alternatives, regardless of the parliamentary chaos which ensues.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            That's what Dave wants to happen. I think the genie is out of the bottle though. SNP in Scotland will probably be a significant bloc at Westminster. UKIP in England could well emulate some of that success too. The complacent idea that it's either Labour or Tories and they each take their turn for a decade or so is starting to look a little old fashioned. When it's that approach which has got the country in the state it is, you can hardly blame the electorate for looking for alternatives, regardless of the parliamentary chaos which ensues.
            I think the current coalition may well have put people off the idea of coalitions for a while and this time we'll see a clear winner.

Please don't quote that when we get a rainbow coalition next May.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think the current coalition may well have put people off the idea of coalitions for a while and this time we'll see a clear winner.

Please don't quote that when we get a rainbow coalition next May.
              The appetite for a coalition may not be there, but one party having sufficient support to gain a clear majority I sincerely doubt.

In the likely event of a coalition the real question is can one stay together for more than a few months?

Comment

Beats me why anyone spends time posting on or reading Twitter. I think my favourite pastime of staring at the wall is more interesting.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X