• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: It's a sign of the times....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    We've got record national debt, mortgage debt, credit card debt, student debt...
    I liked his justification for borrowing more - the UK apparently had lower debt to GDP than many other countries, so it was okay to borrow more!

I actually think it would be good for him to be PM as he will have no one but himself to blame, though Labour MPs seems to insist that all bad now is happening because of Tory decisions made over 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      I actually think it would be good for him to be PM as he will have no one but himself to blame, though Labour MPs seems to insist that all bad now is happening because of Tory decisions made over 10 years ago.
      Or that old standby of the hard of thinking - "I remember how bad the Tories were", well if the feckwits really did remember anything, they would know how much worse this shower are.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

How can you not like Gordon? A man of that intelligence? One of our finest exports if you ask me

here's a story now and listen good...

A young man named Gordon bought a donkey for a £100 from an old farmer. The farmer agreed to deliver the beast the following day.

When the farmer turned up he said to Gordon, 'I have some bad news for you, whilst on the way over here the donkey just dropped dead on the back of my truck.'

'Well give me my money back', said Gordon. 'I cant do that', said the
        farmer, 'I've spent it already'.

'OK', said Gordon, 'I'll have it anyway'. 'What are you going to do with a
        dead Donkey,' asked the farmer. To which Gordon replied, 'I'm going to
        raffle him'

'You can't raffle a dead donkey' exclaimed the farmer. 'Sure I can
        replied', Gordon, 'Just watch me, I won't tell anyone he's dead'.

A month later Gordon met up with the farmer who asked, 'What happened to that dead donkey?' 'Made a bomb', smiled Gordon. I sold 500 raffle tickets at £2 each, and cleaned up'. 'Didn't anyone complain that you had taken their money for a dead donkey?'

'The only complaint was from the guy who bought it when he came to claim his prize' said Gordon. 'I gave him his £2 back and an extra £50 for his inconvenience, he was well pleased, thought I was a great guy'.

Gordon later went on to become chancellor of the exchequer, and no matter how many times he swindled the tax payer, as long as he gave them back some of the money he's fleeced off them, most of them thought what a great guy

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It Gets Better

Thousands risk all for mortgages

Hundreds of thousands of people are failing to maintain mortgage payments and risk losing their homes, according to a national charity. Some 770,000 people have missed one or more repayments in the past year, a Citizens Advice survey suggests.

More than one in 10 of the 2,057 adults surveyed wrongly believed missed repayments did not threaten their home.

It also found that 11% of all those surveyed wrongly believed a secured loan meant they could miss repayments but their home would still be safe.

A further 10% of people thought it was a loan where borrowers could pay back as little or as much as they want each month.

Still, it should provide some good value for money buys at auction when their houses are repo'ed. Just a shame taxes will have to go up to house and feed these feckless masses when they are thrown out on the streets.

What we need are more immigrants.

Comment

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...355623,00.html

"...this worked for a while until the couple’s circumstances changed when Ms Shaw discovered that she was pregnant for a second time, forcing her to give up her waitressing job....."

"...The situation deteriorated when her partner, a forklift truck driver,...."

"...He (broker) also accidentally fined the couple £600 for refinancing the deal within a year of the previous remortgaging."

"....We also signed our house over to a Nigerian who said we could get 5 billion in return, but it turned out...."

Who is to blame?

Comment

Working...
            X