• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All quite on the Contract Front

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to those sage words of advice from SY.

Then weep quietly at the idea that you're being advised on how to get work by SY.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Black listing, no. It's a myth.
      It depends on the market and the agency. I know of one CRM consultant that a few agencies won't touch because his reputation precedes him - last seen rebranding as an agency now rather than a developer - and an OM functional consultant that was last seen as a "talent scout" because the agencies won't deal with her.

If you are just talking about being bog standard, and the agencies not caring, then you may be right - but it's not always the case that there isn't a blacklist.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Know that your scorn has hurt me deeply. Only trying to help.

Monsters.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Know that your scorn has hurt me deeply. Only trying to help.

Monsters.
          There is a certain amount of irony when you post advice on a subject where you were asking for advice last week. And its worth warning people of that.....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Monsters.

Comment

Monsters.
              They are just being truthful.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Suity is an enigma

Comment

So was I.

Comment

So was I.
                    The irony was that I haven't attacked you so far merely pointed out a question you had last week.

If I was going to attack you I would mention your current fear (reported last week) that your choice of recent roles has made you virtually unemployable for one type of job you apply for and probably the others as well.

Or the fact that you had to fly to Germany to find a contract while everyone else is reporting that the market is back to recordish levels....
                    Last edited by eek; 18 November 2014, 13:50.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was convinced back in the early 2000s that age was a barrier. It was quite common for agencies to ask for your date of birth if it wasn't on your CV.

I know for a fact that one place I didn't get in was due to me being older as one guy had got in was told the company wanted to give a youthful outward appearance, much like facebook and Google back in the day. They've scrapped that now though and appreciate that someone with years of experience can add value to their projects.

Agencies have spoken about blacklisting people in the past but if you can earn them money they will soon forget about it. It may be that a client company will have you on a blacklist so you can't get in though.

Comment

Working...
                      X