• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You reap what you sow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Answered questions

If there's hell below ...
    We're all gonna go ...

:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Comment

How much does an Alpha course cost?
      I'd wait until the Beta version at least before parting with any cash.

Comment

Dodgy

I have said it before - If you defining bigotry the same way as I am (dictionary) - then you cannot be a bigot and Christian - period. No debate, no confusion, no excuses.

Comment

Don't worry M, wasn't intending to go on it. Interestingly in the light of Chico comments, a cursory search on the web shows much oppposition to the Alpha Course within the established establishment:lol

Comment

sasguru

Its free but most people make a contribution towards the meal before the talk (about £3). There is also a bursary available for the weekend away trip.

Comment

Anyone want to attend my newly formed Omega course? I'm trying to compete with the Alpha Course.
              It involves a weekend retreat with lots of booze, loose women, and good music.

Please send loads of blank cheques to me...

Comment

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
                Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Kind of seems to me that one cannot be a good christian by church definition without being a bigot

Actualy if we look back into the history of the word it's self this comes even more obvious
                Word History: Bigots may have more in common with God than one might think. Legend has it that Rollo, the first duke of Normandy, refused to kiss the foot of the French king Charles III, uttering the phrase bi got, his borrowing of the assumed Old English equivalent of our expression by God. Although this story is almost surely apocryphal, it is true that bigot was used by the French as a term of abuse for the Normans, but not in a religious sense. Later, however, the word, or very possibly a homonym, was used abusively in French for the Beguines, members of a Roman Catholic lay sisterhood. From the 15th century on Old French bigot meant “an excessively devoted or hypocritical person.” Bigot is first recorded in English in 1598 with the sense “a superstitious hypocrite.”

Comment

Must be a different dictionary to mine.

If you are a Christian you cannot be a bigot? No debate? Contradiction there somewhere. Why is this drivelling thread still going? Any serious discourse with CL is a complete waste of anyone's time.

PS CL's dictionary that is, not notsos.

Comment

There is also a bursary available for the weekend away trip.
                    Do they provide you with a special bus, complete with the geeza in the sandals, wooly jumper and guitar singing koombaya?

Comment

Slightly Amusing Webtulipe

How ironic...

godbotherer.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X