• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    SO to summarise Andyw's life:

Low paid IT support shift-worker.
    Skint because he's paying for another bloke's kids with his ex-wife.
    Lives in a bedsit in East London and has a 2 hour bus commute every day.

I dont think so sonny

Comment

C'mon chaps. Lighten up. Turn your anger back to AtW...or, better still, Chico...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
        C'mon chaps. Lighten up. Turn your anger back to AtW...or, better still, Chico...
        yeah !

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          Actually to retire at 39 you need at least a mill. which would mean putting about 90 grand a side each year, (taking into account investment earnings).

I reckon if you earn a grand a day you could manage it. Is that what you're on ?
          Not quite a grand a day and also you can't plan to be in contract every month, but I'm not really starting from 0. So I'm not quite planning for £1m either! Everyone has their price for retirement. Some want the fast cars and rolex watches, but I'm happy in other ways (a £16 cardigan from Next, oh yeah).

But dont get me wrong, a million would be nice... come on you premium bonds.

Comment

SO to summarise Andyw's life:

Skint because he's paying for another bloke's kids with his ex-wife.
            Are you sure he is of legal age to work and that this isn't just some "cool" fantasy he's having here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Are you sure he is of legal age to work and that this isn't just some "cool" fantasy he's having here ?
              Aye. He's probably a pre-op transexual as well.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

So whats wrong with IT shift workers and people that live in bedsits then you snob !

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                  So whats wrong with IT shift workers and people that live in bedsits then you snob !
                  Nothing wrong with you. Just wouldn't want to be like you.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nothing wrong with you. Just wouldn't want to be like you.

SNOBGURU ! (The man dissapearing up his own arse fast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                      SNOBGURU ! (The man dissapearing up his own arse fast!)
                      You're not one of these New Labour types who believes everyone is equal in abilities, qualities and talents, are you?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X