• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions about expenses [merged]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    Well the guy has almost a decade of posting on gumtree so surely by now he would have been found out.. + he has lots of tv's and other stuff for sale at good prices.
    I've an acquaintance in Nigeria who would love to get in touch with you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well the guy has almost a decade of posting on gumtree so surely by now he would have been found out.. + he has lots of tv's and other stuff for sale at good prices.
    If he is reselling I would be very surprised if he has an original receipt. Did he say he had it?

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    yeah I hink

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You think?.......
    yeah I hink

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    True but at least I'm covered as I did due dilagence to see that it wasn't stolen
    Really?? You think you have? and it will make a difference???

When you do buy one make sure the spell checker works hey...

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If someone is devious enough to sell you stolen goods do you think lying/faking the proof is going to be a problem for them?
    True but at least I'm covered as I did due dilagence to see that it wasn't stolen

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Strictly speaking, yes. However, many accountants will operate a rule-of-thumb on this and suggest you expense any IT equipment worth less than, say, £500. There's no material difference, but it does increase the complexity of your accounts somewhat if you're capitalising and depreciating an asset (especially if you have a bunch of small assets). Ask your accountant.
    If I cap it, then its not CO tax free then?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Strictly speaking, yes. However, many accountants will operate a rule-of-thumb on this and suggest you expense any IT equipment worth less than, say, £500. There's no material difference, but it does increase the complexity of your accounts somewhat if you're capitalising and depreciating an asset (especially if you have a bunch of small assets). Ask your accountant.
    I thought this was the case but my SJD accountant moved a laptop to an asset even though someone else from SJD posted that £500 was acceptable on here. It made no different to me so let him do what he thought fit.

Anyway, it broke so I sold it to some sucker on Gumtree with a certificate to say it was all working fine...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Nope, I wanted proof that I purchased a non stolen good
    If someone is devious enough to sell you stolen goods do you think lying/faking the proof is going to be a problem for them?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I don't know, should I? what does it do buy doing that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X