• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland is rubbish at everything except Whisky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No wonder there was no vote for independence - the spongers just want to keep on sponging.
    Whit???

Comment

Would usually go for one of the "heavy" Islays: Lagavulin, Laphroaig or Ardmore, but after a particularly good St David's Day have become quite partial to Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Bourbon is a whisky made from Rye as opposed to Barley.
        The first time a contractor has come up with something technical that is actually interesting
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          Bourbon is a whisky made from Rye as opposed to Barley.
          Whisky if it is Scottish, else whiskey, Shirley.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

The Grub Club are very well aware of Yamazki (as a result I have a bottle in my kitchen) not tried the Sherry Cask one but the 12 y/o is very pleasing!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
              Would usually go for one of the "heavy" Islays: Lagavulin, Laphroaig or Ardmore, but after a particularly good St David's Day have become quite partial to Penderyn
              WHS.

I usually go for Lagavulin but I also have a bottle of Penderyn on the go. It's incredibly smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                There are also excellent brandies, rums, vodkas. Bourbon and Single Malt Whisky are different drinks, surely.
                By definition, no. Drinks are classified according to rules. Both use grain mash, but differ in the grain used and other details (alcohol, aging) and can only be strictly defined as Scotch or Bourbon based on origin, much like Champagne. Also, Bourbon is not the same as Rye. Bourbon is made primarily from corn (at least 51%).

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  Whisky if it is Scottish, else whiskey, Shirley.
                  Probably, but it just doesn't look right with an 'e'

Comment

Working...
                  X