• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calais migrant crisis: UK police 'should help'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Why would it be far off topic? until about 60 years ago there were probably only a few thousand Muslims in London, now because of uncontrolled immigration there is 1 million and we can reasonably estimate that 1 in 200 adults are being monitored for terrorist activity.

You would have to be a mental defective not to see how that was on topic.
    No you don't have to be mental detective only be able to read.
    The title of the topic is: Calais migrant crisis: UK police 'should help' no where in the article is mentioned the religion of the said migrants. So discussing terror suspects and Muslims and focusing on London is off topic.

And your claims that 1 million Muslims came to London in the last 60 years is based on nothing but wild accusations. And again Islam =/= terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      Before 20th century mass immigration how many Hindu lived in the UK? Or Jews, or any other religion?

The mentality of associating Muslims with terrorists is only making the problem worse. ETA, IRA and the like are Christians yet people tend to forget that.

In the course of history far more atrocities has been committed under the banner of Christianity than the Islam, it's just the wheel turning, so that the Muslims are the hot topic now days.

And again this is far off topic
      Fine so lets deal with the guilt by patting them on the head while the bombs go off.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Have you factored in the other side of the equation, that UK spend 0 on bring them to prime working age and 0 on education/training?
        Good point as far as migrants themselves are concerned but the effects of unsuitable immigration can be felt through subsequent generations. The descendants of low skilled migrants can also have low performance and they are using all our educational and other resources. Afro-Caribbeans are still among the poorest performers and many must be third or fourth generation.

Roma aside, there is probably no long term problem with most Eastern Europeans IMO. According to the DOE, exam achievement is only marginally below average and, as the likes of Poland and Hungary leave behind the problems of the USSR, we may well see them become major economies in a few decades. Like the UK Indians and Chinese today, they may well perform above average on many measures. Unfortunately, with some other groups, for whatever reason, there is little sign of this happening and any improvements come at a big cost. In Tower Hamlets and some other high ethnic areas, school spending per pupil is about twice what it is in most mainly white British areas.

What we need is not a halt to all immigration but better selection of individuals and an end to the encouragement of more extreme forms of multi-culturalism, where this involves a rejection of broader British society. More integrated groups seem to perform better. For example, Bangladeshis in London do badly, while those in Bristol are close to average, possibly because, being a small group, they have to interact more with the rest of us. "Geographical immobility", where some are unwilling to look for work outside their own communities, is a known impediment to employment.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No you don't have to be mental detective only be able to read.
          The title of the topic is: Calais migrant crisis: UK police 'should help' no where in the article is mentioned the religion of the said migrants. So discussing terror suspects and Muslims and focusing on London is off topic.

And your claims that 1 million Muslims came to London in the last 60 years is based on nothing but wild accusations. And again Islam =/= terrorism.
          I think the incorrect usage of accusation there pretty much cements your 'CUK mental defective' label.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Fine so lets deal with the guilt by patting them on the head while the bombs go off.
            When did i say that? I only said that you should judge the terrorists for what they are - terrorists, not by what religion they are following. Religious stereotyping is only incites hatred, but i guess this is the human nature.

Just because the majority of the terrorists these days come from a certain region and are following a perverted interpretation of Islam doesn't make the 1.6bn Muslims around the world terrorists.

Comment

When did i say that? I only said that you should judge the terrorists for what they are - terrorists, not by what religion they are following. Religious stereotyping is only incites hatred, but i guess this is the human nature.

Just because the majority of the terrorists these days come from a certain region and are following a perverted interpretation of Islam doesn't make the 1.6bn Muslims around the world terrorists.
              If that is your point then fair enough. What you said smacked of liberal guilt that we should apologise for previous generations and that in the past Christians were pretty bad and so therefore we must not criticise.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Just have an amnestiy and let all those poor Africans in. You've got plenty of space along the south coast for refugee camps. I'll even donate a tent

Comment

In the course of history far more atrocities has been committed under the banner of Christianity than the Islam, it's just the wheel turning, so that the Muslims are the hot topic now days.

The first is quite true but is hardly relevant to today's issues, people are rightly concerned with what happens in their own lifetimes and those of their children.

As for off topic, only to the very narrow issue of our police helping, not to the Calais migrant problem in general, given that four major groups are Somalis, Sudanese, Iraqis and Eritreans. The first three are Muslim countries and the last is 50% Muslim. These are mostly not educated people and when they do not succeed, as most will not, their resentment when the promised land turns out not to be is likely to fan extremism. Most serious terrorist threats in England and Wales since 2001 have been associated with Islamism.

Some from conflict zones may also have been subjected to extremely stressful situations, something else that is not likely to make for good citizens as with some of our own ex soldiers.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 6 November 2014, 17:23.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Note also that it is not exactly doing any favours to Muslims, Africans or any other religious/ethnic group to allow in potentially unsuitable members of that group, it will only increase resentment against the group as whole. If you want to reduce racism the best way by far is to ensure that ethnic minorities are seen as useful.

How often does one see "racist" diatribes against Chinese, Sikhs or Hindus? Just about never and the reason for that is that they are not a problem.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Before 20th century mass immigration how many Hindu lived in the UK? Or Jews, or any other religion?

The mentality of associating Muslims with terrorists is only making the problem worse. ETA, IRA and the like are Christians yet people tend to forget that.

Seems another bunch of peace loving Muslims got arrested today for terror charges.

Not Jews, Christians, Hindus.

Comment

Working...
                      X