• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    When you have time Dear leader
    I know this is General but I am going to ignore the infantile contribution for a moment.

For those that don't know or realise, I post here as Tractor and over there as Geronimo and again for those that are interested IPSE members, I have responded to the post in question.

Please feel free to agree or disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      I know this is General but I am going to ignore the infantile contribution for a moment.

For those that don't know or realise, I post here as Tractor and over there as Geronimo and again for those that are interested IPSE members, I have responded to the post in question.

I've just read it and I have to say, "Well done sir, fine post."
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Please don't read anything into that. In keeping with all message board software that tries to mix rich text with HTML and tags, the IPSE forum is akin to a Tesco shopping trolley when mixing quotes and replies. It has a mind of its own and screws the formatting completely.

It is not Gilmour's fault.
        Cheers.

In that case I wholeheartedly apologise for insinuating that Mr Gilmore (whom I've never met) was inebriated when he went off on one and called us a bunch of freeloaders.

But I still reckon whatever device he was using could sense the rage bubbling over.

Comment

Nice use of latin

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Nice use of latin
            Tout le plaisir est pour moi mon petit chou.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              and Mr Gilmour
              Mr G is his own man and says what he thinks, politically correct or not, he won't be gagged by anyone or follow like a sheep and will never give you a bland answer.

Good example of this would be at CC meetings (6 a year) normally at the Grosvenor hotel, where a number CC members stay over on a Friday night, nice comfy expensive hotel (where you would stay yourself ) and paid for by the membership. not so Mr G, he refuses to waste membership money on a decent hotel - he stays in some dormitory room across the road in some flea pit. (That's after flying cattle class from the Far East to attend these meetings)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Cheers.

In that case I wholeheartedly apologise for insinuating that Mr Gilmore (whom I've never met) was inebriated when he went off on one and called us a bunch of freeloaders.

But I still reckon whatever device he was using could sense the rage bubbling over.
                You will see that rage times 10 against HMRC from Mr G

Comment

Anyone else got "Looking through Gary Gilmour's eyes" going round their head...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Anyone else got "Looking through Gary Gilmour's eyes" going round their head...
                    He was executed by firing squad I believe.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                      Mr G is his own man and says what he thinks, politically correct or not, he won't be gagged by anyone or follow like a sheep and will never give you a bland answer.

Good example of this would be at CC meetings (6 a year) normally at the Grosvenor hotel, where a number CC members stay over on a Friday night, nice comfy expensive hotel (where you would stay yourself ) and paid for by the membership. not so Mr G, he refuses to waste membership money on a decent hotel - he stays in some dormitory room across the road in some flea pit. (That's after flying cattle class from the Far East to attend these meetings)
                      FTAOD, I don't doubt his or the rest of the board's motives for one moment. It's a shame that is not reciprocal but like him, I am my own man and I am grown up enough to realise that even if people disagree with me, that is no reason to discredit them. Indeed, I have defended him in this very thread as you are doing now.

Once again, no one is trying to gag anyone, quite the reverse; we are asking them to speak. Contrary to your bleat, I am no one's leader nor do I have any interest in portraying myself as such, I am simply looking out for my interests and engaging with my peers both here and over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X