• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies all asked to attend meetings this afternoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Why the shock at the long contracts? Are you guys incapable of holding down a role?

Indeed 3 years with one of my contracts. They seemed to like me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Why the shock at the long contracts? Are you guys incapable of holding down a role?

There's a bloke here been on site for 14 years and doesn't think that's at all unusual

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Some of us get found out after a few months and they tell us they've run out of budget
        ftfy
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
          There's a bloke here been on site for 14 years and doesn't think that's at all unusual
          Tom Jones has been doing it for 50 years so why not.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My longest time at one clientco was 5 years, mainly because they couldn't find a permie who was willing or able to do what I was doing. They eventually replaced me with another contractor who was willing to do it for about half my rate.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Tom Jones has been doing it for 50 years so why not.

I was channel flicking last night and caught five minutes of Louis Theroux's wild weekends. Apparently according to some Black power group Tom Jones is really Black under the skin.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X