• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond yesterday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    What the hell difference does it make if the number of people that claim after the event they would vote another way? The vote is over, finished, done, the result is in.

It's like claiming that Scotland will win the 2010 World Cup just because the number of fans who would have watched the games has changed, it's ludicrous.

Take the UK EU referendum held in 1975, it was 67% in favour, if held today it would probably be a totally different result, but do you see the 37% no voters from then claiming they have the moral high ground?
    I don't think you have any idea of how football works. You don't win World Cups by having the most fans watching.

It's not over, it's only just begun

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      I don't think you have any idea of how football works. You don't win World Cups by having the most fans watching.

It's not over, it's only just begun
      You don't win elections or referenda after the vote has been held and the votes cast, that's why I put that ludicrous example forwards.

Comment

Working...
      X