• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA?

Tonight :

Taking kids to mums, missus has promised a night out for a meal.

Tommrow :

Watch Everton get spanked by Villa, kick cat, cheap wine, broken sleep

Sunday :

Church, clean, get ready for Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Not the electrical current ones .....
      Kinky!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Rowing Machine: 10k a day to qualify, the boys/men are currently at 41mins, I am lagging at 45, I need to find 4 minutes in the next 6 weeks. Its a lung buster

join in?
        Not a member of a gym, although my CTC group have negotiated discounted membership of the local one, so seriously thinking about it, especially now the weather's crap. Covers two leisure centres, one half mile from home and one (with pool) about 1.5 miles from clientCo. Rowing machine does appeal, although 10K sounds a little ambitious for a beginner...

Comment

Going to drive route 1 to San Diego from San Fran
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Not a member of a gym, although my CTC group have negotiated discounted membership of the local one, so seriously thinking about it, especially now the weather's crap. Covers two leisure centres, one half mile from home and one (with pool) about 1.5 miles from clientCo. Rowing machine does appeal, although 10K sounds a little ambitious for a beginner...
            If you do fancy.....

No more than level 5, try for 10 mins, start leisurely and build up, get familiar with your numbers on the computer to help pacing.

Really recommend utube for technique, the teenagers working in the gyms havent a clue. Gym bunnies/men usually go hell for leather and fall over before 10mins, don't get caught up in that 'race'.

If you are going to get stuck in, prepare for a change and look after your back and hamstrings, ripped through another shirt this morning

Comment

... ripped through another shirt this morning
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Rowing Machine: 10k a day to qualify, the boys/men are currently at 41mins, I am lagging at 45, I need to find 4 minutes in the next 6 weeks. Its a lung buster

join in?
                What's your best 5k time?

Really recommend utube for technique, the teenagers working in the gyms havent a clue. Gym bunnies/men usually go hell for leather and fall over before 10mins, don't get caught up in that 'race'.
                True, I used to do that, but realised stroke length is more important than speed for a good time.

Erm, that sounds rude doesn't it?!
                Last edited by ZARDOZ; 17 October 2014, 15:05.

Comment

Ratio and rhythm is more important than length. Too long and you will break your 'kinetic chain', slow right down and put your back at risk (similar for swimming).

The juniors (and some adults) are taught Cauliflower Cheese for ratio: the push-back is cheese, coming back to lean forward is your cauliflower, ie its a 2:1 ratio, for recovery and helping the boat to run.

Musicians tend to be good at rhythm, they are likley to be at the front of the boat (stroke).

If that helps?

Comment

Ratio and rhythm is more important than length.
                    If only that were true

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
                      If only that were true
                      how cruel women can be, they should let you down gently.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X