• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More QE needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It'll probably be as much a damp squib as the Scottish one. I predict Scots will tip it to a pro-EU result and everyone else will be very cross that they voted to remain in the UK only to spoil it for the rest of us.
    Exactly. This is what I'm thinking too.

Comment

Deflation, much more of a threat than run away inflation imo.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I guess investors are jittery about the sluggish EU and the trouble in the Middle East.

But the fundamentals look reasonable, according to these guys
        Indeed CNBC were saying the same this evening. A correction, part of a v-shape recovery. The end of long bullish runs, but by no means a collapse.

Just passing on.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Leaving the EU is bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            What is wrong with living within your means?

At the moment spending is a ponzi scheme backed by ever increasing asset prices. One day it will burst.

Though interesting that "Oik" sees the bubble about to burst so wants us to spend our pension pots to keep things going a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The only reason it is is because of what deflation really is: an unravelling of inflation of the money supply, usually via credit expansion. Therefore, what it is, is credit contraction. Central bankers and debt addicts do hate it, but if the alternative to this corrective measure is to just keep pumping credit into the system to keep it going and therefore perpetuate the problem, until it blows up into more severe forms of inflation when the banks do begin putting all that money to use, then count me out.

"Geniuses" like Carney are going to be exposed for the clueless numpties that they really are (I mean how much more transparent does it have to be than the fact that interest rates won't go up, according to the plan, until after the GE?), and hopefully then we can get over this superstar central bankster obsession and revert to actually producing goods and services, rather than relying on volatile manias and bubbles as a source of prosperity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                What is wrong with living within your means?

At the moment spending is a ponzi scheme backed by ever increasing asset prices. One day it will burst.

Though interesting that "Oik" sees the bubble about to burst so wants us to spend our pension pots to keep things going a bit longer.
                Nothing at all, saving before you buy is what most Germans do. But that's not how the UK works. If we suddenly switched our HP from everything from the fridge to the car the UK would be proper fooked.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  revert to actually producing goods and services, rather than relying on volatile manias and bubbles as a source of prosperity.
                  Problem with dat ist the skills have already left the shores long ago. Unlike the banks manufacturing skills destroyed in days take years to replace.

Comment

Working...
                  X