• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matthew Parris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew Parris is a Twunt of the highest order. He thinks he can describe who votes for UKIP with a series of nasty little slurs. He really doesn't understand what is going on. Best stick to topics he's expert in like pillow biting.

Comment

Usual nonsensical double standards.

We encourage migrants to remain separate from broader society and cling to all their own cultural practices and beliefs, often more akin to those of 19th century Britain those of today's Britain, in the name of multiculturalism. Yet any white Brit who likes to be surrounded by a culture and engage with a history he can relate to is a little Englander whose views should be ignored.

Also he is yet another ignorant who seems to think only whites have any faults or prejudices. Maybe he should check the facts, that abuse of gays and anti-semitism for example, is not primarily by the white British. And look too at the facts on crime, welfare, social housing, educational achievement and health. The lowest performing groups in the UK are not the white British either.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 13 October 2014, 20:25.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        The lowest performing groups in the UK are not the white British either.
        Nor are the highest.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          I think people are getting the Clacton result out of proportion. He was a well liked local figure and reputedly an excellent constituency MP and also is a national name - for crap reasons, natch, but there's no such thing as bad publicity. It would be interesting to compare the vote split this time with the previous GE result when he stood as a Tory: I'm guessing he personally pulled close to the same percentage.

Meanwhile, the intelligent, committed and well informed voters of Clacton have elected an MP who is proven to lie to his party colleagues, represents a party with even fewer coherent policies than Millipede's rabble, put personal ambition ahead of UK's best interests and tried to sabotage the ruling Coalition. So I'm with Parrish; people get the MPs they deserve.
          He put his seat up for a vote, he won. The voters are not stupid and the man had a torrent of abuse hurled at him by the Tory party, which no doubt exposed their tribal nature even further. The Tories can bitch and stamp their feet over it all they like, but the same will come to Labour seats soon. UKIP's policies on tax are still a mile ahead of Cameron's promises, which won't even come into effect until 2020, by which time inflation will have seen to it that their effect is negligible, meanwhile all the pundits will still be shrieking about how it is to be "paid" for. As if the government is somehow "owed" the money by the serfs, and must "pay" for any gifts or grants it bestows upon them.

I do hope twits like Matthew Parris get their opinions out there more, especially Labour twits, but either party is fine, so they can ruin their parties' chances of a clear-cut majority in the next election and thus the Tories can be forced to work with UKIP. Then perhaps we can see something that approximates a conservative party emerging out of the ashes of the current middle-of-the-road, "compassionate conservative", vote-maximiser party that the Tories have turned into.

Carswell's "colleagues" are owed bugger-all, they're all just a step above used cars salesmen, if that.
          Last edited by Zero Liability; 13 October 2014, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
          X