• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

letting agent 'Martin & Co'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin & Co. is looking good financially, so probably an admin cock up.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 October 2014, 17:58.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Some good, some bad. Those two student lesbians were the undoubted highlight to date. Having to remove the hidden cameras when you moved in was a sad day...
      You removed the cameras ?? Where did that video of me with the 65 yr old prossie come from then ? I could have sworn that was your electrical cupboard.......
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        You removed the cameras ?? Where did that video of me with the 65 yr old prossie come from then ? I could have sworn that was your electrical cupboard.......
        Ah, the gilf-gate scandal. Best I don't reveal my sources. Suffice to say, drastic action had to be taken to get rent from a jock, you've only yourself to blame.

Btw, she wants to know if you've still got her teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Experiences over the last year letting a property in Glasgow have required more input than I would like to give. From trivial maintenance decisions to poor service in general. The last two months of rent have not being paid now (the tenant has paid), is the company in trouble? I don't know. Do others here have experiences of them to speak of? It's becoming tiresome now.
          Yep. I used to use Martin & Co in Nottingham (Friar Lane), and Leicester.

Both became complacent after a few years (and we were amongst the first clients for the Leicester branch). We ended up spending as much time managing them as we would have managing the properties ourselves.

We sacked them both (several months apart) and have replaced them with two fabulous local independant agents.

Avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
            We ended up spending as much time managing them as we would have managing the properties ourselves.
            This has been my experience with every letting agent (not just Martin & Co) I've used. I spend more time managing the agent than I do when I manage the properties myself.

Comment

All these chain letting places feck you over, they just hire in completely inexperienced office juniors to manage the accounts. Always go with someone local.

Comment

A Scottish mate is forever moaning about his agents (he's tried a few) and he blames crap customer service north of the border.

Mine (Temples, in Cheshire) have been pretty darned good. My only gripe has been their willingness to charge more if they have to do more than normal yet they don't give me a reduction in months in which they do naff all. But I grudgingly tolerate this as I don't want to face the experiences described by some on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                  A Scottish mate is forever moaning about his agents (he's tried a few) and he blames crap customer service north of the border.

Mine (Temples, in Cheshire) have been pretty darned good. My only gripe has been their willingness to charge more if they have to do more than normal yet they don't give me a reduction in months in which they do naff all. But I grudgingly tolerate this as I don't want to face the experiences described by some on this thread.
                  They've got you over a barrel, especially if you live abroad.

Wish someone in silicon valley would do a airbnb.com equivalent for long-term lets, 3% commission all round employing local trades people as required. I do get naffed off myself with agents collecting 12% off my monthly rent for picking up the phone and giving me a hard time.

Come on, who's up for it?

I'll fund the project to a point,

need a business plan,
                  a coder
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have done a prototype for something similar, it's plan c though as plan b is looking like a goer.

Comment

My am I super flying TNT with this lot.

I'm trying to change the management of the flat. They're claiming it's their tenant I'm using, and as such shall have to pay a finders fee. I retorted, it's my house you're using!

I await their special finders fee calculation.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X