• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Apprentice 2014 - Official Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    So, that Australian won it. Good on him. As a business person he came across the best of that bunch.
    Choking at that presentation was bad.

I think Sur Alan only took him to pee off the head of google UK.

Comment

Is the Apprentice winner doomed to fail? - Telegraph

Comment

I once had an interview with a French director at Paribas who made Claude Littner look like a Cocker Spaniel.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          I once had an interview with a French director at Paribas who made Claude Littner look like a Cocker Spaniel.
          He doesn't need any help looking like a cock.

He is a bloody dinosaur!

Comment

Both business plans had their problems. Reckoned he went for the one with the lowest risk of totally imploding.

The problem with Bianca's plan - is you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than 250K to get it moving - and any failure will be incredibly visible.

However, her plan had much greater potential.

Comment

First consideration before registering my company was whether I could get the domain (although I've done FA with it). It is a pretty basic mistake for someone who's business plan is SEO.

Comment

I hope he is not the new Nick.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                First consideration before registering my company was whether I could get the domain (although I've done FA with it). It is a pretty basic mistake for someone who's business plan is SEO.
                Now we know what happened to AndyW

Comment

Anyone ever spoke to me like that at an interview I'd tell them where to shove their gig.
                  And I have done once.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Spend money on branding, customer acquisition, sales and outsource all the back end. Sounds familiar

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      If I was in the market for SEO I'd just google "SEO <name of town>" and contact the top two or three companies in the search results... because if you can't get your own site at the top of the results, how can I expect you to do the same with mine?

Interestingly, when I do that, there's actually a company that has the same name as what i put into Google, and they only came up sixth...
                      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                      X