• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many PCG/IPSe members on here? Read their website?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I was essentially told by an IPSE board member that because I didn't post on their forums, I didn't have a right to comment about their activity.

Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino 888 View Post
      The reason I posted on here was the deathly quiet on the IPSe site, apart from some sort of management love-in.
      I don't think it's a love-in (although I haven't ready it today). Have a look at the old forum when there was a CC election and you'll see how much love there can be between candidates...

So I wanted to know if I was wildly out of line with the alleged 20-odd thousand PCG members. A quick search found this place.
      TBH, their magazine has largely failed to get opened for the last few years, I've just paid and ignored them.
      I'm perhaps a little out of the mainstream, being an electronics hardware design bloke rather than strictly IT.

I'm a little nervous of losing the IR35 protection, but sufficiently disillusioned to consider risking it.
      It's a members organisation which has incredibly low participation levels by it's members - 2% turnout in the last elections sums it up.

But, purely from a commercial point of view, I've not found anywhere which can provide a comparable level of protection for a similar fee level.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm a member but don't go on to the forums very often now.

Comment

I don't think it's a love-in (although I haven't ready it today). Have a look at the old forum when there was a CC election and you'll see how much love there can be between candidates...

It's a members organisation which has incredibly low participation levels by it's members - 2% turnout in the last elections sums it up.

But, purely from a commercial point of view, I've not found anywhere which can provide a comparable level of protection for a similar fee level.
          Exactly! for 70p/day it has to be worth it until the 3 points that I made above become reality. The point is though that if they do, they will affect us all, members and non members alike.

Comment

TBH, their magazine has largely failed to get opened for the last few years, I've just paid and ignored them.
            I'm perhaps a little out of the mainstream, being an electronics hardware design bloke rather than strictly IT.,
            No you aren't out of the mainstream - they are finding more of their members aren't from the IT world which is one of the reasons they have changed their focus.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was essentially told by an IPSE board member that because I didn't post on their forums, I didn't have a right to comment about their activity.

Which was nice.
              Well I clearly can't comment. But if you look at those three points and think about the plausible results of their interventions I hope everyone likes lower take home pay.

Personally I'm ramping up everything I can to ensure I'm well away from the forthcoming disaster if those changes come to pass...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I stopped posting over there when they suddenly stopped the fun.

And they started purging 'General'-type posts more than a month old. Imagine this place without all those SAS or Dodgy posts over the years, available for posterity.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Exactly! for 70p/day it has to be worth it until the 3 points that I made above become reality. The point is though that if they do, they will affect us all, members and non members alike.
                  I'm uncomfortable paying 70p a day to an organisation where I don't agree with half its 'manifesto'.
                  What is the actual level of risk from IR35 these days?

Comment

I'm uncomfortable paying 70p a day to an organisation where I don't agree with half its 'manifesto'.
                    How long is a piece of string?

To me it's a no brainer and, as I've said before, they saved me £52k so I don't mind paying some back in to help others behind me.

Comment

The risk of you being investigated or the risk of you being caught? Just being a member has its advantages .

Comment

Working...
                      X