• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebola outbreak: Nurse infected in Spain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Plenty of us wouldn't be upset to see the notification that you have.
    Harsh..... but true
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Harsh..... but true
      Et tu?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

BBC News - Ebola: Health care worker tests positive at Texas hospital

Probability of another infection outside Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          BBC News - Ebola: Health care worker tests positive at Texas hospital

Probability of another infection outside Africa.
          I was listening to something yesterday and some doctor who is involved in treating tropical diseases including ebola explained that some healthworkers were using the wrong protective gear.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Something is clearly going wrong with our much vaunted western medical standards - the nurse in Spain treating a missionary and now this US medical worker both infected whilst treating a single patient in an isolation ward. It doesn't inspire confidence and god only knows what the situation is like in African hotspots where dozens of cases are presenting each day.

Comment

And another...

BBC News - Ebola outbreak: Second Texas health worker 'tests positive'

If one sick guy can infect two fully kitted up health workers, we're all doomed...

Comment

It is slightly concerning to see how easily ot is spreading to health workers.

I can just see this lingering on for years as it spreads through Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  It is slightly concerning to see how easily ot is spreading to health workers.

I can just see this lingering on for years as it spreads through Africa.
                  If we don't close the borders it will spread throughout the world. Plan B = Ebola cure?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If we don't close the borders it will spread throughout the world. Plan B = Ebola cure?
                    Once a few more white people get it, a cure/vaccine will no doubt become a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Once a few more white people get it, a cure/vaccine will no doubt become a priority.
                      Racist comment - but its general so I suppose its allowed(or encouraged).

It won't be long it affects all races.

Comment

Working...
                      X