• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a new car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the new M3 and driving down to Vienna a couple of weeks ago I was getting 28-30 mpg which was nice, otherwise I'm in the low 20's. A 4 door, really only a 4 seater but 5 will fit in a pinch, family car which hits 62mph in 3.9 seconds is fun....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      I have a 2.5 Diesel Nissan Murano, fully kitted and performs ok for a Large SUV, consumption could be a tad better, around 33 on motorway work. The original Murano had the same 3.5 V6 petrol engine as the 350Z and had consumption to match.

They have a new Murano coming out sometime, not sure on the ETA.

There is a new X-Trail too, which looks similar, and even the humble Qashqai has joined the look alikes.
      Do they shout entrepreneur! or school run mum?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It's been ten years since I bought my Rav and as another MOT looms I feel its time to buy a new car.

Personally I'm not a car person. I want a car to be reliable, quick away from the lights and a good decent speed. Needs to do a decent amount to the gallon and Im not adverse to a hybrid. I quite fancied a Tesla but don't like the price tag.

Beamers and Volvos are out as they're driven by dickheads and small cars are out.

What suggestions do the panel have?

Pathetic stereotyping. Like saying people who drive RAV4's are hairdressers.

I love my BMW. Best car I ever had and great fuel economy. Which is what you want when doing loads of miles.

320d, 520d or X3 go for.

Comment

Originally posted by cherhill View Post

I love my BMW. Best car I ever had and great fuel economy. Which is what you want when doing loads of miles.

320d, 520d or X3 go for.
          Alpina D3

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=28632
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 8 October 2014, 11:33.

Comment

If you can wait you can get one of these next year.

Comment

Originally posted by cherhill View Post

320d, 520d or X3 go for.
              WHS

I loved my BMW.

I'm sure it's Ok to stereotype against Insignia drivers though.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Do they shout entrepreneur! or school run mum?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  The two aren't mutually exclusive.
                  Selling home made jewellery on E-bay does not make one an entrepreneur.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    WHS

I loved my BMW.

I'm sure it's Ok to stereotype against Insignia drivers though.
                    And Audi drivers.... knobbers.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      And Audi drivers.... knobbers.
                      Didn't your significant other used to have one. I think it was during his "I want to be like Tony Stark" phase.

Comment

Working...
                      X