• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM: To Kate McCaan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    By implication.

You have focussed on them leaving their children alone when it is obvious to them that they should not have done it (they don't need you trolling the internet telling them and everyone else do they?). You have been utterly nasty in your criticism of them - do they need it?

It is like saying that a girl who has been raped "should not have dressed provocatively" . The implication would be that it was her own fault. It is exactly the same as the attitude of the social services and police in Rotherham towards the child abuse victims.
    If she had been abducted whilst they were sleeping in the next room then they wouldn't have been vilified as much as they have been. The simple fact is they were not in the next room but at a bar virtually out of sight, and probably earshot, of where they left them unattended to have a good time with their mates.

That's providing the story that she was abducted is true of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

He makes TykeMerc seem like Mary Poppins.
      Nowt wrong with TykeMerc or me.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        By implication.

You have focussed on them leaving their children alone when it is obvious to them that they should not have done it (they don't need you trolling the internet telling them and everyone else do they?). You have been utterly nasty in your criticism of them - do they need it?

It is like saying that a girl who has been raped "should not have dressed provocatively" . The implication would be that it was her own fault. It is exactly the same as the attitude of the social services and police in Rotherham towards the child abuse victims.
        Now you're just making crap up to suit your argument.

You think it's acceptable to leave young kids unattended, I don't.

I choose to criticise the McCanns and you take this as an affront to your ideologies.

Does it really matter?

Nope, you're still a twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          CUK general is a cess pit and always has been. And you are one of the worst offenders - if not the biggest one - who makes things so unpleasant.

I get sick of your continual personal attacks on me when I am the victim of retrospective legislation.

I hope you leave. For good.
          LOL. Like it.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            You are exceptionally short.

Comment

I have been waiting for this post for a couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                I have been waiting for this post for a couple of days
                You've got less of a social life than me by the sounds of it
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  You are exceptionally short.
                  I think 'exceptionally' is a slliiiiiight exaggeration
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

When this argument rears it's head here it makes me think about a girl I used to work with, a few years ago and before I had kids. She had two kids at the time, one was about 18 months and the other was about 4 I think.

She told me that she had left them alone in the house a couple of times, to pop to the shop for milk I think. She stressed it was a 2 minute walk down the road and that she felt it was easier to go by herself.

Horses for course, I suppose.
                    Thats nuts. I've only just started leaving our 11 year old for 10-15 mins in the house while we pop down the shops. And I aint keen on that.

Baby/toddler - not even for a minute.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Thats nuts. I've only just started leaving our 11 year old for 10-15 mins in the house while we pop down the shops. And I aint keen on that.

Baby/toddler - not even for a minute.

You can't wrap them in cotton wool forever. If you're worried about them toddling off when they're younger, you just need to use more masking tape to secure them to the wall when you head off to the pub.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X