• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Career in IT Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The reason all companies are jumping on Agile is with Waterfall they found a lot of their projects failed. They are hoping that seeing things at stages will prevent this failure. They ignore the main reason projects failed is the company didn't know what they f*$£ing wanted in the first place. Also lots of people have to see something in other words the UI to be happy with it.

In another few years it will be out of fashion again....
    Nobody ever did waterfall, this is just some myth the agile people perpetuate. Iterations have been standard practice for almost 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      Old proverb:

Those who can't do, teach.

I didn't realise you are a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I didn't realise you are a teacher.
        I just taught you an old proverb

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Nobody ever did waterfall, this is just some myth the agile people perpetuate. Iterations have been standard practice for almost 20 years.
          Ditto that. I always talk about iterative development in interviews, never agile or waterfall.

Comment

I just checked a rational unified process book from 1998 that is sitting in the bookshelf. It too starts with the "the problem with waterfall" speech. I think that is where this started from, it was a sales technique by the rational software company and it is still going strong in agile.

Kind of like how religions never totally die out, they get replaced but some of the strange habits and beliefs get carried into the new one. Waterfall is the bogeyman that is still being used to scare people.

Comment

Training

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
              For a few years I've fancied doing some PM training or coaching, just a few weeks a year would suffice, but no idea how to break into it.
              Have you actually looked into training further?

Comment

Working...
              X