• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has bad posture?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    ON the subject of chairs does anyone else find that the ones allocated are often really filthy? Big greasy marks on the arms, huge shiny black stain in the front middle between legs sort of area, I shudder to think how it gets like that. Floor beneath usually looks like a corpse has sat there and decayed for a few months before anyone noticed. Greasy black marks on keyboards, big stains all over the desk. Surprised one does not get bubonic plague at some places.
    Specially prepared by the permie team !
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      ON the subject of chairs does anyone else find that the ones allocated are often really filthy? Big greasy marks on the arms, huge shiny black stain in the front middle between legs sort of area, I shudder to think how it gets like that. Floor beneath usually looks like a corpse has sat there and decayed for a few months before anyone noticed. Greasy black marks on keyboards, big stains all over the desk. Surprised one does not get bubonic plague at some places.
      Sounds like B-Block in Croydon. When I was there I daren't look under the desks. Worst building I've ever worked in.

Comment

Fecked Back

You may want to try one of those RSI programs that give you reminder every 30 mins or so and an exercise to do.

Apparently the muscles in your neck and back are not designed to be stationary and the pain is caused by sitting in a static position and your muscles go into spasm and can actually tear.

Yes you look like a dick getting up and doing Fonda's every half hour but it does help
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Bad posture goes with the territory.

I started getting neck and back pain a couple of years ago. Went to see a physio.

Cost £40. He unknotted the tight muscles and gave me a set of exercises to do when the problem re-occurred.

No problems since then.

Comment

I've got a trapped nerve in my shoulder from sitting at my desk. My back has been getting worse & worse for the last couple of months. Sitting at a desk for 25 years and getting old don't go together very well.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Another good reason to make loads of money and get out of IT before you are crippled.

Those Herman Miller mesh chairs seem to be the best available.

Comment

I always check this out now, after one job at Caudwall group with a chair that left me in pain all over after an hour or so. My body adjusted to it after a month but it was terrible. If you see some cash has been spent on the furniture it's always a good sign !

Comment

Go to the gym boys, your posture will improve no end

Comment

There is no Internet access at the gym.

AtW

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                      There is no Internet access at the gym.

AtW
                      If you go here you can get gym access on the internet

Warning this page may cause stress and anxiety in profesional web designers.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X