• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moan about elderly parents now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Nah its not that. As he gets older hes getting more and more selfish to be honest.
    That's certainly what happened to my father.

It became me me me towards the end, sad to say.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Switzerland is nice this time of year
      It was pleasantly sunny this morning but it's been siling down this aft.

Not recommended at the moment.

Maybe next year?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Cheers all.

I reckon I do come across as a bit of a git towards him but he is a complete nightmare to be honest. I do all the sorting out for him (brother is complete bell-end always in the pub) <snip>
        That's actually a blessing your bother is in the pub. Unless he's the type to do everything properly he would just get on your nerves by questioning every decision you make and doing things half heartedly.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          3p.m?

Dunno where the hospital is, but it was 7 til 8 weekdays and 2 til 4 & 7 til 8 on weekends in Neath Port Talbot.

After the first 6 months or so you get used to it.

I wander around Neath vaguely recognizing people, they turn out to be fellow visitors.
          Royal Glamorgan it was.

He used to say "its ok I know you're working - leave it until 3PM. Cheers Dad. Was working in Bristol last time, so it was a trek.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X