• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying at a Hotel when there's a Wedding going on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    9 times out of 10 if you book a big hotel on a saturday night you'll find there's a wedding on. Happened to me loads of times...you just join in
    A wedding I was at a few years ago, the bridesmaids decamped to another wedding in a different function room of the same hotel, because that one had a free bar
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      A wedding I was at a few years ago, the bridesmaids decamped to another wedding in a different function room of the same hotel, because that one had a free bar
      Yep....done that too
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Yep....done that too
        You were a bridesmaid?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You were a bridesmaid?
          The dress helped me "blend in"....
          Blood in your poo

Comment

I was working in Helsinki and staying in a rather swank hotel and one evening when I got back to my room, reception rang up and suggested that I might like to move rooms. Apparently I was 2 floors above the ballroom and there was a wedding party that night (on a Wednesday?) which was a Russian one as St. Petersburg is just up the road. I politely declined as (a) it was a damned swish room and I had all my tulip spread over it and (b) the ballroom was 2 floors below so surely I'm not going to hear anything, wrong! At about 22:00 it started and although not loud it was fairly noticeable and continued until about 3 in the morning. I did have a look out the window to the carpark which was full of your typical Russian oligarch bling cars but I was able to nod off. The next morning I left my room and people were still wandering around and I bumped into a rather tiddley Anzhelika and Galina so not much work was done that day (which will explain why SSH has problems!)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X