• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Think I've been ripped off - what do do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    On a similar topic - is it easy to flame a website? I'm quite tempted to write a little utility to bring their website crashing down somehow.
    If you don't know whether it is easy or not, how are you planning to write the utility?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can you guys hold the f*****g asinine comments?

I've lost quite a bit of money here... not in the mood.
      You could try and make it back on the referendum.

Scottish Independence Referendum Betting Odds | Oddschecker

Comment

I've lost quite a bit of money here... not in the mood.
        So ring the credit card company and start a chargeback procedure. If it's a lot of money then you would presume that the provider has sent it in a secure manner. If not, then they are at fault. If they did, then they should be able to track it.

Maybe you should ask the question over somewhere like MSE where people have lots more experience of dealing with this kind of situation than a contracting forum would do.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          If you don't know whether it is easy or not, how are you planning to write the utility?
          He's getting Suity to identify the key stakeholders for a requirements workshop.

Comment

<mod snip>
            Last edited by cojak; 18 September 2014, 11:15. Reason: Grow up.

Comment

So ring the credit card company and start a chargeback procedure. If it's a lot of money then you would presume that the provider has sent it in a secure manner. If not, then they are at fault. If they did, then they should be able to track it.

Maybe you should ask the question over somewhere like MSE where people have lots more experience of dealing with this kind of situation than a contracting forum would do.
              Or alternatively, seeing as this is a contract dispute, the OP could do some research as to whether the best place to have this discussion on CUK is the forum which says at the top:

All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

Comment

<snip>
                That would probably cost more than the pot itself, wouldn't it?
                Last edited by administrator; 18 September 2014, 11:25. Reason: Remove quote

Comment

It was debit card but as I said the bank will initiate a dispute after 15 days.

As for MSE - yes, that's not a bad idea.

Comment

+1

Plus, if the website really is so shoddy, why buy from them in the first place.

This is General, you won't get many serious responses. Get over it.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm not. It was just a thought - like planting a few kilos of semtex under the MD's car.

Ask Admin about how a poster made threats to kill someone and his visit from Special Branch
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X