• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasting Police Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard on the radio - the hospital in Prague asked for the kid's notes on 21st August and only yesterday where the notes sent to them. (This is according to the hospital in Prague that does the Proton treatment.)

So Southampton General Hospital knew what treatment the parents' were looking into.

Updated to say - The clinicians in Southampton General Hospital have now agreed to refer the kid to be treated in Prague.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 3 September 2014, 08:14.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Updated to say - The clinicians in Southampton General Hospital have now agreed to refer the kid to be treated in Prague. - because the parents were willing to pay for it.
      FTFY

so at least some good has come of it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        FTFY

so at least some good has come of it.
        The parents' were probably willing to pay for it once the hospital originally said no

Anyway no-one from the hospital or Hampshire police is willing to give a statement.

Comment

Why did the parents have to take the kid to Spain to sell the house? Why not just sell the house and take him straight to the clinic?

Why did they not answer the phone when the hospital and or police called them which they must have done before this all kicked off and been honest about their plans. They can upload videos to the web from Spain so they have at least one smart phone with roaming.

I don't argue that they think they doing this in the kids best interests and must be going through a tough spell but they have a lot of the blame on themselves for this all going pear shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I would not be surprised if we are not being told the whole story. Time will tell.
            +1

A couple of news reports said the child was a ward of the court: no has said why, if true there must have been a reason for that & that could have impact on the police response.

The cops are dammed if you do & dammed if you don’t
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              +1

A couple of news reports said the child was a ward of the court: no has said why, if true there must have been a reason for that & that could have impact on the police response.

Ward of court is rare I believe in these cases, but could be justified IF (hypothetically and I have no idea with this case) the parents would not consent to blood transfusion, as then consent could be granted by the court representative who would have parental rights and responsibilities. If this were the case, it would all look a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Ward of court is rare I believe in these cases, but could be justified IF (hypothetically and I have no idea with this case) the parents would not consent to blood transfusion, as then consent could be granted by the court representative who would have parental rights and responsibilities. If this were the case, it would all look a bit different.
                I think I read somewhere that they are Jehovas (not sure where tbh) and they are funny about that sort of stuff, transfusions etc so maybe he is a ward of the court.

I also think there is more to all of this.

Just read the thread - I wasn't imagining it... must read thread first
                Last edited by cailin maith; 3 September 2014, 11:40. Reason: Read the thread!!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Souns like a slam dunk to me. Doctors think they are God. Parents dare to question. Parents get hell kicked out of them - luckily in public and not the secret family courts.

I hate my first ex-wife. But I still object to her being tortured by the doctors. Evil scum. And before anyone whines, my uncle and cousin are doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I think I read somewhere that they are Jehovas (not sure where tbh) and they are funny about that sort of stuff, transfusions etc so maybe he is a ward of the court.

Just read the thread - I wasn't imagining it... must read thread first
                    Because being Jehovahs Witnesses is really important isn't it.

Anyway luckily they're not Catholics as we all know they fiddle with their kids.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      +1

I heard earlier in the day that the kid did become a temporarily ward of court when he went missing from the hospital. That way they could get the arrest warrant for his parents.

He became a ward of court as it was argued it was neglect for his parents to take him out.

The hospital has released a statement stating that they did this because they didn't think his parents could deal with his feeding tube and change the battery pack.

Comment

Working...
                      X