• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
    Without a doubt the SE of England is home to the dullest people on Earth. I've worked in many places and many countries and nowhere is quite as soul destroying as London. I've not met many miserable Scots and I go along and watch Hibs most weekends.
    You can see bad anywhere if you look hard enough. I loved living in London, although I wouldn't want to now that I have small kids. Perhaps working in London without living there is a different experience, but I think London is hard to judge from the areas where people don't tend to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
      Without a doubt the SE of England is home to the dullest people on Earth. I've worked in many places and many countries and nowhere is quite as soul destroying as London. I've not met many miserable Scots and I go along and watch Hibs most weekends.
      That makes two of you
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        FTFY.

I had the unfortunate experience of going to Scotland for a funeral. It really was the direst place on Earth. I have also been to Ireland for a funeral and no matter what the weather there is always a great sense of occasion and fun attached to everything that goes on.
        Im not sure what Recruitment agents do at funerals, but is Scotland funerals aren't really meant to be laugh a minute occasions.

Comment

From Gretna Green to Dignitas Scotland has it all.
          That's how we intend to kick start the economy.

Why go to Switzerland ? We'll dispose of you for half the price.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
            One word: Ireland.
            Here's another word: Leprechaun

What's your point caller?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Im not sure what Recruitment agents do at funerals,.
              We tout for references
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

We tout for references
                Not a bad idea; the deceased can be quite useful when one is asked to provide references.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  That's how we intend to kick start the economy.

Why go to Switzerland ? We'll dispose of you for half the price.
                  I am sure you will

Glasgow has lowest life expectancy in the UK | News | theguardian.com

Who needs Dignitas?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    What's your point caller?
                    The point being the flight of Irish graduates toward economies that will give them a better life. Ireland tanked during the recession, and it's still struggling. Scotland is likely to be in the same position: a net outflow of talent, and economic resources. All this nonsense about new scotland (sic) being the land of opportunity is laughable. Yes, there is opportunity to be had, but that small opportunity will be siphoned off to feed the gaping maw of the entitled classes.
                    Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

That is with the current Union and decades of focus on the South East by Westminster. With independence you will see 90 year old Glaswegians jogging around in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X