• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting Canadian analysis

It has a graph and everything.

I'm off to do an hour at a polling station in darkest Edinburgh. I shall do a mini exit poll of my own.....

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
      F***.

Ok they're vaguely associated with the Yes campaign ....

"O’Neill was camped out at the Glasgow headquarters of the Yes team on Thursday afternoon, working side-by-side with a social-media team busy monitoring Facebook and Twitter for early signs of how the close race was tilting."

.... but even so.

Have 'Yes' nicked it?????

F***!
      Don't you mean ya beauty!?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
        pretty much.

Been criticism of the Yes campaign there telling people on the doorstep their benefits would go up if they voted Yes.
        Benefits in Edinburgh. Are you taking piss?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Well it is intimidating we all know these 'marches' are thinly veiled attempts to instigate violence
          Having walked with them I know that is rubbish. These people genuinely feel hope a Yes vote would bring. There were lots of kids and free facepainting, balloons and flags. I don't think any parents would take their kids to a hostile environment. It was happy like most of the marches I've seen and the three No people outside the polling station were allowed to do their thing without any menace towards them.

There's no doubt that passions can run high and some people can't handle it but it's both sides. That isn't the way it's shown in the MSM though. A Yes supporter had his face slashed in Glasgow and the BNP/EDL turned up to try and cause trouble at a Yes rally.

Comment

Off now to the count. History in the making.

Comment

The EU '...say Yes to Ukraine but No to Scotland...'

QUID DES PARLEMENTAIRES ADEPTES DU KILT ?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

These guys voted yes to independence but it was slightly unofficial but it looks like an official one will be going ahead soon(ish): Repubblica Veneta, federale, indipendente, libera e sovrana | 21 marzo 2014: la Repubblica Veneta è stata proclamata indipendente and http://www.plebiscito.eu/news/scotla...nd-prosperity/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So if they do go yes, how will history remember Alex Salmond?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X