• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    To me, that is a better way of getting an accurate poll than phoning people up at random and expecting them to tell you the truth.

Unless those nasty cybernats are forcing the nice No people to bet money on Yes
    Yep if you are willing to bet then you are sure as hell going to vote in line with that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Do you think some people are voting Yes purely because they want to be a 'proper' EU member (unlike the UK's slightly maverick membership status) rather than because they GAS about independence?
      Nah I think people are going to vote Yes due to nationalistic tubthumping without any real understanding of the conseqeunces.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        There is no DevoMax on offer, there is a few extra powers not even agreed yet and already being rejected by Tory backbenches. Be clear if you vote No you are voting for the status quo and will more likely get bent over and rammed by Westminster..
        The Tories don't have a majority in the House of Commons.

So if Labour, Lib Dems, the Green MP and the ones from NI gang up they can easily overturn anything Tory backbenchers dream up. Labour and the Lib Dems already did it over the expansion of the benefit cap. Plus Labour and the Lib Dems have MPs in Scotland so it's in their interest to.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Nah I think people are going to vote Yes due to nationalistic tubthumping without any real understanding of the conseqeunces.
          TBH I think voting based on whether you want to be independent or not is better than merely voting based on which you guess will benefit your wallet. The latter is virtually impossible to predict, the former has meaning even if you do end up worse off...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do you think some people are voting Yes purely because they want to be a 'proper' EU member (unlike the UK's slightly maverick membership status) rather than because they GAS about independence?
            I really don't think the majority of people in the really poor areas who are attending food banks GAS about Europe or the currency, etc. They just want to get away from Westminster because anything else can't be any worse for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              And it's those punters that get to vote.
              At 4/1 for a Yes, it's certainly worth a punt.

Comment

I really don't think the majority of people in the really poor areas who are attending food banks GAS about Europe or the currency, etc. They just want to get away from Westminster because anything else can't be any worse for them.
                Well that's not true.

Comment

TBH I think voting based on whether you want to be independent or not is better than merely voting based on which you guess will benefit your wallet. The latter is virtually impossible to predict, the former has meaning even if you do end up worse off...
                  That's a fair point and to be honest quite refreshing as it makes it clear what is being voted for.

Comment

90 years of the Labour party telling them vote for us and we'll look after you.

Absolutely no one in Westminster. No one at all give's a damn about a council estate in Glasgow*

I couldn't blame anyone if they fancy a change of direction.

(* also the same for England see Liverpool, Manchester, Rotherham etc etc)
                    Last edited by Flashman; 17 September 2014, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                      90 years of the Labour party telling them vote for us and we'll look after you.

Absolutely no one in Westminster. No one at all give's a damn about a council estate in Glasgow*

I couldn't blame anyone if they fancy a change of direction.

(* also the same for England see Liverpool, Manchester, Rotherham etc etc)
                      Not really in Labour's interests to lift people out of poverty though.
                      Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Working...
                      X