• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It reads like it. The Scotsman is a known unionist paper.

Even RBS's announcement made clear today jobs were not a risk. The operation is not moving, only the trading address is. Yet the entire media have jumped on the 'jobs will be lost' bandwagon.

The scaremongering really is stupid.

IMO the no camp would succeed with much greater influence if they focus on the impact the outcome the referendum would have on the rUK and that was made clear day in day out.

I don't think many in Scotland know or care (a small number).
    Odd question - do you actually have a vote in this? I sense a frustrated ex-pat living outside Scotland...

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
      Apartheid was vile - Salmond dragging that in is an insult to those who suffered under it.
      What were his actual words?

Comment

Odd question - do you actually have a vote in this? I sense a frustrated ex-pat living outside Scotland...
        No frustrations with not having a vote. I make my own way in the world quite happily.

Frustrations at a larger population trying to control a smaller population with threat. That makes me
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No frustrations with not having a vote. I make my own way in the world quite happily.

Frustrations at a larger population trying to control a smaller population with threat. The makes me
          Is this the threat of not allowing Salmond to dictate the terms of independence? Try getting independence for Catalonia in Spain where such a vote as this would be constitutionally illegal. And stop being such a whining victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Alex Salmond sparks outrage by comparing Scotland vote to South Africa's struggle | Latest News | Latest Breaking News | Daily Star
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              to be honest - before we start something and smearing him unfairly his comments were a bit misjudged. He compared the South African post-apartheid election with the Independence election and said thosw queing up to vote were voting Yes.

Daft comparison but hyperbole - nothing malicious.

Comment

Frustrations at a larger population trying to control a smaller population with threat. That makes me
                As if. More like the tail wagging the dog. Blair was scottish and so were his henchmen Brown and Darling
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

and you're entitled to influence and cajole for a Yes.... You're wrong though

Comment

So his words were:

People queuing up, and it was a long queue, in Dundee to register to vote.

It was almost reminiscent of the scenes in South Africa 20 years ago when people queued up to vote in the first free elections.
                    A bit silly as it gives ammunition to his opponents who would twist his words, but really not a big deal, much as I despise the odious little liar.

Comment

97% register to vote in referendum

and you're entitled to influence and cajole for a Yes.... You're wrong though
                      yes because my entire family back home have a lot to say on the matter. It's impossible not to be involved if I'm to remain in contact with them.

97% registered, my goodness.

Scottish independence: 97% register to vote in referendum | UK news | theguardian.com
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X