• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Of course there'll be one. And there's nothing you can do about it.
    EWNI will just refuse a CU.

Comment

It matters not if they do or they want. They have very little room for manoeuvre. And they know it.
      It is really simple. EWNI says No to CU. Why would they say yes?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I am sure that they wont be allowed to have another for 20 years at least. It has been damaging to the economy in Scotland and I don't think the nationalists will be allowed to have this tulipe again.

I think with the economy growing nobody will be bothered soon.
        hahahahah. great stuff. you think the last 15 years havent been damaging to the scottish economy? So people seem to be missing this..its been tulip for scotland for years, why should they want it to continue at that level of tulip. Should they not want for better?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I am sure that they wont be allowed to have another for 20 years at least. It has been damaging to the economy in Scotland and I don't think the nationalists will be allowed to have this tulipe again.

I think with the economy growing nobody will be bothered soon.
          Quebec has had no repeat since 1995. I guess it will be once every generation or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post

FT and Scotsman Endorese Better Together
            Today's FT editorial reads: "Empires and nation states are not immune to break-up, but there is little precedent for
            a hitherto stable modern democracy splitting apart in peacetime, ."

A democracy that had no say in the privatisation of the royal mail, the mass surveillance of citizens, yadda yadda

Lets check out peacetime credentials:

2014, Iraq / Syria
            2011, Libyan intervention
            2003 - 2009 Iraq War
            2001, War in Afghanistan
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A democracy that had no say in the privatisation of the royal mail, the mass surveillance of citizens, yadda yadda
              We did have a say; we elected those who misrepresent us.
              I say again, this is not a problem with the Union.
              Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It is really simple. EWNI says No to CU. Why would they say yes?
                It will come down to the negotiating teams to agree. I don't think you will have a referendum on it to have your say

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
                  We did have a say; we elected those who misrepresent us.
                  I say again, this is not a problem with the Union.
                  Indeed. Sounds like Animal Farm all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    EWNI will just refuse a CU.
                    And accept the Scotland's share of the debt in the process?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                      It will come down to the negotiating teams to agree. I don't think you will have a referendum on it to have your say
                      Why would EWNI agree to CU? Salmond thinks they would have to because "currency union would be the sovereign will of the Scottish people ". But that is of course nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X