• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has experienced depression.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do-good-ers say that anyone suffering from depression should not bottle it up and talk to someone about their problems. However, as soon as they do, everyone around them tells them to shut up.

Never mention the D word in the workplace. I knew of one woman who said the D word when she meant to say unhappy/concerned/dissatisfied with something and it found its way onto her personnel record. For years, it would come up as a topic at review time and it was a blight on her prospects at the company. Redundancy was the best thing that happened to her. New company, clean record and she did very well.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

I think I've just got depression having read all these replies. Who's got the razor blades?
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
        I think I've just got depression having read all these replies. Who's got the razor blades?
        If you can motivate yourself to top yourself you're not properly depressed yet.

When I was at a hotel in Portugal they had a conference on serious depression and treatment thereof. I got chatting to one of the UK delegates in the bar. He told me the real risk for his patients (he deals with serious cases) was when they started to improve. Frightnening thought, improve to such an extent you can actually be bothered to top yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X