• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

America reaps what it sows, says preacher as British jihadists gloat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll
    Saudis beheaded a 23 year old Sri Lankan maid in 2013..didn't see western media up in arms about that
    Perhaps the world would be better off without all the followers of Islam the planet would thank us for 1.6billion less people - but where to put all those bodies
    Soylent Green

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Perhaps the world would be better off without all the followers of Islam the planet would thank us for 1.6billion less people - but where to put all those bodies
      Precisely the mentality that leads to this kind of barbarity; "we're right so the rest must die."
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Religion is a sod isn't it, well anything people use to separate themselves from another group of people.

Most people are good and want to help other people, you can see that by looking around. It doesn't make the news or the papers that much but I believe, fundamentally people want to help each other. There are a minority of people that are sick tulips but it's a minority.

Same applies to Muslims. Most are good people. Talking about rounding up all towel heads and bombing them is plain stupid and ignorant. Diversion and anger are probably one of the goals of these sick tulips so by making jokes about nuking groups of Muslims you are just letting them win.

How many people have died as a result of the UK/US foreign policies and invasions?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I cannot think of anything more cowardly - apart from maybe strapping explosives to a child and send them off to their death...

what wait they do that too?

wow so brave.
          and so good mannered - It's women first, when walking across a minefield.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"You reap what you sow" and "cause has effect".

Tired clichés.

IS has just sown some more hatred and they'll be reaping a sky full of American drones.

Can't see that the US will let this pass without a robust response.

And so the cycle continues.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              Can't see that the US will let this pass without a robust response.

And so the cycle continues.
              Yep as you said a strong response will just breed hatred and fuel even more idiots that don't value their own or others lives.

Reminds me of a book I read (can't remember the name), I think one of the ideas it was discussing was masculine and feminine cultures. One of the topics was how the Falklands invasion was handled by the British. The writer was from one of the Nordic countries and basically they attributed our response as aggressive because we had a masculine (yeah I know thatcher was prime minster) culture. In their culture they would have negotiated with the invaders, sacrificing several hundred men and millions of pounds would not have been an option. It would have been viewed almost as perverse.

It was interesting as it contrasted with our view of "look at us and our big ships, we are still a global power and can kill more of you than you can of us".

I just think we sometimes judge ourselves on our armies and the power we can project, perhaps we should grow up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Religion is a sod isn't it, well anything people use to separate themselves from another group of people.

Most people are good and want to help other people, you can see that by looking around. It doesn't make the news or the papers that much but I believe, fundamentally people want to help each other. There are a minority of people that are sick tulips but it's a minority.

Same applies to Muslims. Most are good people. Talking about rounding up all towel heads and bombing them is plain stupid and ignorant. Diversion and anger are probably one of the goals of these sick tulips so by making jokes about nuking groups of Muslims you are just letting them win.

How many people have died as a result of the UK/US foreign policies and invasions?
                This is all such a quagmire but those westerners who choose to go to the boiling pot of the middle east should expect and should get no assistance. They know what to expect there and why should anyone risk their own neck for them, whatever their reason for going; missionaries or oil workers, same thing.

Equally, anyone coming here should expect to integrate and to speak english and to educate their women and allow them free choice in religion, clothes, friends, marriage and all the rest and should understand that there will never, ever be Sharia Law here. If they don't like it they should stay away. If they demonstrate like they do in Luton (following the Youtube link earlier) they should be sent back to where they came. If they were born here, they should be offered the plane fare to go somewhere that suits them better than the UK. If they then don't want to go, which most wouldn't. they should STFU and get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Equally, anyone coming here should expect to integrate and to speak english and to educate their women and allow them free choice in religion, clothes, friends, marriage and all the rest and should understand that there will never, ever be Sharia Law here. If they don't like it they should stay away. If they demonstrate like they do in Luton (following the Youtube link earlier) they should be sent back to where they came. If they were born here, they should be offered the plane fare to go somewhere that suits them better than the UK. If they then don't want to go, which most wouldn't. they should STFU and get over it.
                  Most of them are like you and me you know just want to get on with their lives.

Comment

Yep as you said a strong response will just breed hatred and fuel even more idiots that don't value their own or others lives.

Reminds me of a book I read (can't remember the name), I think one of the ideas it was discussing was masculine and feminine cultures. One of the topics was how the Falklands invasion was handled by the British. The writer was from one of the Nordic countries and basically they attributed our response as aggressive because we had a masculine (yeah I know thatcher was prime minster) culture. In their culture they would have negotiated with the invaders, sacrificing several hundred men and millions of pounds would not have been an option. It would have been viewed almost as perverse.

It was interesting as it contrasted with our view of "look at us and our big ships, we are still a global power and can kill more of you than you can of us".

I just think we sometimes judge ourselves on our armies and the power we can project, perhaps we should grow up a little.
                    To be fair, the Argies chose to invade. They chose to stay even after our intentions were made very clear - don't forget the number of weeks it took to assemble and move the task force to the South Atlantic. They chose to stay even after we arrived and they chose to fight when they could have just given up.

They just made the wrong choice.

Perhaps we should just allow countries to invade the Channel Is and just negotiate? That went well in the 1940's didn't it?

Comment

If there was any guarantee of peace most of the western powers would be happy to reduce their armed forces

The problem is that mush of the hatred of the west by the extremists is not really based around the might of the armed forces it is due to the 'superior culture' - they feel that the 'dishonorable infedil rock music' is polluting the minds of their followers and so they try to destroy the culture - using bombs n guns and so the only way to fight back is to use bombs n guns

Comment

Working...
                      X