• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Van Gaal Sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    A lot of United fans suffer these delusions. Do you really think fans of other clubs agree with you?

If they care about England's place in the pecking order, and not many do, they wouldn't see Man Utd as some sort of lone flag-bearer for it.

If they care about Man Utd at all, they'll have a bit of schadenfreude about their current predicament, but they are more interested in their own clubs.
    Gloryhunters, though no doubt the poster will have supported them 'from being a kid when they were rubbish' and 'because my dad was born in Stretford..'.

I started supporting Bolton Wanderers in the early 70's under Jimmy Armfield's tenure, before Leeds United pinched him, and I supported them home and mostly away through thin and thinner.

Promotion to Division One in 78, then the subsequent spiral down to the old Division Four, first game away to new-league members Scarborough Town, lost 4-0, I was there......

Trouble is these people want the swings and not the roundabouts, Utd have had their moment, it's most likely over, for a few years at least. Might as well support City then because they are doing better.....

Comment

Yep, and just think of all those flouncing footballers who won't be interested in them because they missed out on the Championship League for a second year in a row
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Big game today.

Comment

Down to 10 men with about 50 minutes still to go

Comment

Should be down to 9 men and should have conceded 2 penalties.

Comment

Is it me or does Van Gaal look like the head in The Thing that falls off and grows spider legs.....?

Comment

Long may it continue. 4 derby wins on the bounce now! 6 of the last 7.

Comment

What is predictable is Liverpool fans have gone from "we can win the league" back to mediocre under achieving with over-obsession with 'the downfall' of United (who have lost fewer games than them so far).

Comment

In all honesty I don't think United did that badly. Yes city should have had a couple of penalties and that would have meant being reduced to 9, but they were not given. The team held out with a makeshift defence for 60 mins playing 10 v 11, away from home and against the current champions and a striker in top form. For the last 15 it was city who were wanting the final whistle, not united.

The sending off was completely needless! The yellow smalling picked up for blocking hart was stupid and a cheap yellow to earn. The second, given he was already on a yellow should not have happened. Any player with any sense would not have dived in the way he did. That means in the next game will be without all our central defenders. Basically Smalling is a prick!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                      ...That means in the next game will be without all our central defenders...
                      What central defenders are they then?

Comment

Working...
                      X