• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the highest rate you have ever seen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a bank in London they were offering £1200 a day for experienced C++ programmers with a PhD in Quantitative finance and various other bells and whistles.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

My best rate

This is going back a while since in recent years things have dropped, my best rate was back in 2002 and was 155 an hour

Comment

worked with a PM about 10 years ago who was on 1k a day.

one of 'Bobble eye Browns' migrations
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Mine, as I've never seen anyone else's...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I know this bloke right <cough>
            he did a fixed price contract with a large pharma that was expected to last a few months.
            BUT the agency insisted on an hourly rate, so it could be processed through their systems.

So the crafty contractor quoted an impossibly high rate and promised to complete the work in an impossibly low number of hours.

The work was done, in a lot more hours, but the contractor could only claim the number of hours agreed.

So the work was done, everyone was happy.

BUT...then the extensions kicked in. and the bastid contractor continued to get the impossibly high rate for over a year, until someone at the pharma twigged

<cough>
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I know this bloke right <cough>
              he did a fixed price contract with a large pharma that was expected to last a few months.
              BUT the agency insisted on an hourly rate, so it could be processed through their systems.

So the crafty contractor quoted an impossibly high rate and promised to complete the work in an impossibly low number of hours.

The work was done, in a lot more hours, but the contractor could only claim the number of hours agreed.

So the work was done, everyone was happy.

BUT...then the extensions kicked in. and the bastid contractor continued to get the impossibly high rate for over a year, until someone at the pharma twigged

<cough>
              Top work sir you are quite clearly cut out to be a contractor ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                For the pimp deniers, just look at the half way to lying roles with a ridiculous rate range - 350 to 800 a day is one that I seem to recall the other day. It's almost as bad as "market" as you know the rate will be 350 when you ring up.
                Just saw a role advertised for £0 - £1000, and likely to last more than 2 years. Great, £0/d and no business mileage. FTS!
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Just saw a role advertised for £0 - £1000, and likely to last more than 2 years. Great, £0/d and no business mileage. FTS!
                  Just been sent a role for an initial 306 (25.5 years!) month contract with extensions likely :-) (I mean c'mon how lazy a pimp do you need to be to not even proof read your advert...)

Comment

Some of the high rates you see on jobserve and the like are caused by the rate being quoted in pounds but really being in euro, or, more often, a daily rate being specified as hourly.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X