• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

scraping by on £120k

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no not SAS.

Foreign Office minister Mark Simmonds quits Government post | Mail Online

anyone else suffering this level of poverty?

I would agree. At £250k per year even I couldn't afford a place in Westminster.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Damn this chateau Lafite!
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I wonder how my butler scrapes by on £120k a year?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I wonder how my butler scrapes by on £120k a year?
          Surely you also provide him with accommodation in the servants' quarters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Surely you also provide him with accommodation in the servants' quarters?
            Yes. But its still not enough. Maybe he is stealing the candlesticks or summat?

Comment

well this seems to have come at the right time.

Families with parents on minimum wage 'don't have enough to live on' as cost of living increases | Mail Online

Families with both parents being paid the minimum wage 'don't have enough to live on' as cost of living increases
              Cost of living means parents on minimum wage struggle to support families
              Earnings are 18% short of basic amount needed to provide minimum standard of living
              Child Poverty Action Group says families finding it harder to make ends meet
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

no not SAS.

Foreign Office minister Mark Simmonds quits Government post | Mail Online

anyone else suffering this level of poverty?
                I think he just wants to show off how much he gets paid and he has found a rather stupid way of doing it....

Comment

Families with both parents being paid the minimum wage 'don't have enough to live on' as cost of living increases
                  Cost of living means parents on minimum wage struggle to support families
                  Earnings are 18% short of basic amount needed to provide minimum standard of living
                  Child Poverty Action Group says families finding it harder to make ends meet
                  well maybe if you can only get a minimum wage job you shouldnot squirt out sprogs you cannot afford...

just sayin loike

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    well maybe if you can only get a minimum wage job you shouldnot squirt out sprogs you cannot afford...

just sayin loike
                    maybe you could then you had illness or redundancy?

the milk of human kindness is curdled?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

maybe you could then you had illness or redundancy?

the milk of human kindness is curdled?
                      It's fookin cheese mate

Comment

Working...
                      X