• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New road tax rules a PITA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Wife has got classic car which she just uses in summer.
    Can a 1978 Datsun Cherry really be considered a classic car?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Can a 1978 Datsun Cherry really be considered a classic car?
      It can when the rear half is a Ford Cortina.

Comment

So going back to the bit about classic cars.
        Can you still declare sorn and get refund on tax (Even though theres no physical tax disc now)?

Wife has got classic car which she just uses in summer. In the past, its insured all year but then in April, but 12 months, just before end sept get refund and declare sorn. repeat next year.
        Historic vehicle duty is free (1972 or older) so why claim a refund for something that is free? Or have I read your post wrong?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Historic vehicle duty is free (1972 or older) so why claim a refund for something that is free? Or have I read your post wrong?

qh
          Not that 'classic'.

Classic enough to get classic car insurance but not classic enough to get free tax. Its a 1986 mini.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Not that 'classic'.

Classic enough to get classic car insurance but not classic enough to get free tax. Its a 1986 mini.
            Ah, I get ya. I did that with my MK2 Gti for two years I only paid 137 per year, of course it was garaged. Then someone twigged and it went up to 350py.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
            X