• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Israel is moving into Syria to save one of their pilots whose airplane was shotdown tonight.

Start buying those baked beans...
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Got a link?
    Israel is moving into Syria

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Israel is moving into Syria to save one of their pilots whose airplane was shotdown tonight.

Start buying those baked beans...
      Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Got a link?
      Heinz - Baked Beans
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

2015-11-03 U.S. Brings Dogfighters to Counter Russians Over Syria

The Pentagon is sending F-15Cs—supposedly to fight the ISIS war. But the jets only have air-to-air weapons, and ISIS has no planes. Which means the real adversary is Russia.

The U.S. Air Force is deploying to Turkey up to a dozen jet fighters specializing in air-to-air combat—apparently to help protect other U.S. and allied jets from Russia’s own warplanes flying over Syria.

Officially, the deployment of F-15C Eagle twin-engine fighters to Incirlik, Turkey—which the Pentagon announced late last week—is meant to “ensure the safety” of America’s NATO allies, Laura Seal, a Defense Department spokesperson, told The Daily Beast.

That could mean that the single-seat F-15s and the eight air-to-air missiles they routinely carry will help the Turkish air force patrol Turkey’s border with Syria, intercepting Syrian planes and helicopters that periodically stray into Turkish territory.

:::

Seal declined to discuss the deployment in detail, but hinted at its true purpose. “I didn’t say it wasn’t about Russia,” she said.

Russia’s air wing in western Syria is notable for including several Su-30 fighters that are primarily air-to-air fighters. The Su-30s’ arrival in Syria raised eyebrows, as Moscow insists its forces are only fighting ISIS, but ISIS has no aircraft of its own for the Su-30s to engage. ...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So, Syria is to become the new Vietnam. Or is the US simply protecting its troops on the ground?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Video: Turkey shoots down 'Russian military plane' on Syria border - Telegraph

Here we go.....

Comment

Definitely the trigger for World war 3.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Definitely the trigger for World war 3.
                Well I think it would promote some sort of response and I don't think it will involve interflora.

Russia is actively engaged in Syria, if they now open a second front against Turkey, then Nato steps in and that is officially an escalation of historic proportions.

Expect China to pipe up soon and tell everyone to calm the feck down.

Edit : Change of thinking on my part. My tinfoil hat was tingling when Paris was hit. It all seemed staged to remind us of how much of a global threat ISIS is. If I am right about this, then Russia wants ISIS to be the main topic, not a spat with Turkey. The mission against ISIS is a show of might to gain popularity at home and take people's minds of the collapsing economy. America also wants ISIS to be the big boogie man too so I expect America and Russia to quickly spin this into a non story.
                Last edited by suityou01; 24 November 2015, 10:56.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Are the Turks out of their minds? They make no bones about being a supporter of ISIS, seems clear to me. But now downing a Russian fast jet, which seems to have been in Syrian airspace.

Loons. Big time. I hope the west stays clear in assisting Turkey when they cry for help as Russian military turns their attention to them.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Are the Turks out of their minds? They make no bones about being a supporter of ISIS, seems clear to me. But now downing a Russian fast jet, which seems to have been in Syrian airspace.

Loons. Big time. I hope the west stays clear in assisting Turkey when they cry for help as Russian military turns their attention to them.

I think Turkey is just a supporter of anybody who is fighting the Kurds since Turks consider Kurds as terrorists.

Anyway the case here is that the plane was in Turkey airspace not Syria.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Anyway the case here is that the plane was in Turkey airspace not Syria.
                      Did the Turks move the wreckage to Syria while no-one was looking?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X