• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Loony Left Coming For Evil Thomas the Tank Engine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Because I like to see liars exposed as liars. My mummy told me that lying is bad. I agree.
    If everyone realises that pjclarke is just a googlebot with no mind of his own, then they won't be tempted to waste time trawling through his AGW threads. It's a public service
    I like starting AGW threads. Watch 2 sets of morons have an argument about something which is unproveable either way. Its like discussing the existence of God.

Comment

George Carlin, God *ehem* bless him, was a great Ringo substitute in the American Thomas Tank Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Because I like to see liars exposed as liars. My mummy told me that lying is bad. I agree.
        If everyone realises that pjclarke is just a googlebot with no mind of his own, then they won't be tempted to waste time trawling through his AGW threads. It's a public service
        One can always tell when one has touched a nerve by the strength of the ad-hominems.

So what would be the lie?

It is demonstrably the case that Rand, in her Twenties, made admiring journal entries about William Hickman, a psychopathic child-killer:

'a brilliant, unusual, exceptional boy turned into a purposeless monster. By whom? By what? Is it not by that very society that is now yelling so virtuously in its role of innocent victim? He had a brilliant mind, a romantic, adventurous, impatient soul and a straight, uncompromising, proud character. What had society to offer him? A wretched, insane family as the ideal home, a Y.M.C.A. club as social honor, and a bank-page job as ambition and career...'

If he had any desires and ambitions -- what was the way before him? A long, slow, soul-eating, heart-wrecking toil and struggle; the degrading, ignoble road of silent pain and loud compromises....

"A strong man can eventually trample society under his feet. That boy was not strong enough. But is that his crime? Is it his crime that he was too impatient, fiery and proud to go that slow way? That he was not able to serve, when he felt worthy to rule; to obey, when he wanted to command?
        (my bold).

And I am not the only one to have noticed that Rand's fictional heroes tend to demonstrate many of the traits identified by David Hare as indicating a psychopathic personality.

Where's the untruth? I assume you read all eight parts of 'Susan of Texas's demolition of the book before making the accusation...?

Not sure what is menat by 'my' AGW threads, I can't have started more than a handful and I am always grateful to anyone who points out errors of fact or logic in anything I write. Unsupported assertions, not so much.
        Last edited by pjclarke; 23 July 2014, 12:26.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          One can always tell when one has touched a nerve by the strength of the ad-hominems.

So what would be the lie?

It is demonstrably the case that Rand, in her Twenties, made admiring journal entries about William Hickman, a psychopathic child-killer:

(my bold).

And I am not the only one to have noticed that Rand's fictional heroes tend to demonstrate many of the traits identified by David Hare as indicating a psychopathic personality.

Where's the untruth? I assume you read all eight parts of 'Susan of Texas's demolition of the book before making the accusation...?

Not sure what is menat by 'my' AGW threads, I can't have started more than a handful and I am always grateful to anyone who points out errors of fact or logic in anything I write. Unsupported assertions, not so much.
          So if I point out your errors of fact of logic will you desist?
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I like starting AGW threads. Watch 2 sets of morons have an argument about something which is unproveable either way. Its like discussing the existence of God.
            Yeah, cheers. But you're right, it would be hard to invent a better topic on which to waste time on the interweb. Huge stakes (maybe), we won't know the truth for decades, if ever, a huge mass of evidence, far more than most laymen could assimilate in their spare time, from which to cherry-pick factoids, columnists willing to make stuff up....

... isn't it about time we had a new one, BP? surely the Daily Mail has said something on the matter recently?

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              So if I point out your errors of fact of logic will you desist?
              Desist what?

Comment

Desist what?
                Being a C**t, probably.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Being a C**t, probably.
                  You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Ah, Socratic argument. But I thought that allowing people to be tw*ts was basically the mission statement of CUK General....

Comment

Yeah, cheers. But you're right, it would be hard to invent a better topic on which to waste time on the interweb. Huge stakes (maybe), we won't know the truth for decades, if ever, a huge mass of evidence, far more than most laymen could assimilate in their spare time, from which to cherry-pick factoids, columnists willing to make stuff up....

... isn't it about time we had a new one, BP? surely the Daily Mail has said something on the matter recently?
                      You are right. Must have been a week since the last one. I am definetly slacking. I will try to do better.

Comment

Working...
                      X