• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microscope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had one when I was a kid. I looked at some tap water and it put me of drinking it for weeks.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Afternoon All,

hope you're all doing fine ad enjoying the summer.

Come to mention it I was in blighty last week with Mrs Benes and the children visiting grandparents, we rented a Skoda Octavia from Hertz at the airport and they were so kind they upgraded us to an black E Class E220D AMG edition - which was nice

Anyway down to business

I want to get the children a microscope for Christmas.

Am thinking about this Apex model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apex-Microsc...pex+microscope

Anybody any experience of buying a reasonable quality microscope for children and which make and model ?

As ever, I want to buy one and not have to upgrade later - don't like spending money twice

Best,

Milan.

p.s. plan b is doing fine

the angel investment has tippled in six months

and just had an idea for an Uber / AirBnB class of app
      I don't know anything about microscopes. Or your penis. But I'd like to wish you and yours an unreasonably early Merry Christmas.

Comment

They don't make them anymore but I've got one of these Intel Play - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and they're great fun. I should dig it out and make some images to post on here, maybe even some for Stek

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I thought a microscope these days would be a USB device that you viewed on a computer screen. Are traditional optical ones still in widespread use?

(I have no relevant expertise, haven't looked down one since high-school biology.)

A search on Amazon for USB microscope does seem to find many items.

Comment

£230 for a microscope ! they'll be bored of it in a hour and back on the iPad playing Hay Day!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I bought a microscope from, wait for it, Lidl.

It's ok ish.

The amazon one looks a good deal more professional, you might even be able to see stuff through it.
              I thought they had some offers selling that randomly.

They've also sold binoculars, bird watching (the flying kind) glasses and telescopes.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My missus bought me one of these

Works really well. Haven't used it much apart from creating great gross-out pictures of a tick found on one of the dogs and a head-louse from one of the kids still with its last meal in it.

Comment

Working...
                X